Sign in to follow this  
KSI Sabre884

Which is better?

Intel is hands down better than AMD, but the kicker is coin. AMD's are less expensive than Intels, and therefore are weaker. Both are good (Depending on which you purchase), but make sure you buy one that is not only good, but fits your price range.

• Like 1

Saturn's answer was the type i was looking for, im trying to build a really good gaming pc, the base im looking at has an AMD Qaudcore processor. unfortunatly i dont know alot as far as what to look for.

Saturn's answer was the type i was looking for, im trying to build a really good gaming pc, the base im looking at has an AMD Qaudcore processor. unfortunatly i dont know alot as far as what to look for.

Quadcore's are solid buddy, that will be a solid processor. Could you list your full build for me? :D

Specifications

Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 8400 graphics
Operating System
Windows 8.1
Processor
AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 accelerated processor
Processor Brand
AMD
Type of Memory
DDR3-1600

It's honestly user preference and build. My streaming computer i have all Intel, but my gaming computer i prefer the AMD products. Intel graphics cards are a little bit cheaper but the R9 graphics cards can support the most. I have the 850GTX and the amd 7770 and my 7770 out preforms my 850 hands down. But, what i would suggest is to see what will best support your board.

It's honestly user preference and build. My streaming computer i have all Intel, but my gaming computer i prefer the AMD products. Intel graphics cards are a little bit cheaper but the R9 graphics cards can support the most. I have the 850GTX and the amd 7770 and my 7770 out preforms my 850 hands down. But, what i would suggest is to see what will best support your board.

Look at this guy returning : D

My steam id; the_god_of_rage

Here's why you DON'T want to get a 7770 aside from the price... the 780 Ti murders the 7770 in EVERY benchmark except ONE

Much quieter load noise level (41.4dB vs. 51.7dB) Around 20% quieter load noise level

The 780 Ti won all of these though:

Much better passmark score (9,030 vs 2,153) Around 4.2x better

Much better 3DMark vantage texture fill score (173.1 vs 36.8) Around 4.8x better

Much better 3DMark vantage graphics score (46,186 vs 13,398) Around 3.5x better

Significantly better 3DMark 11 graphics score (15,630 vs 3,098) More than 5x better

Much higher memory bandwidth (336 GB/s vs 72 GB/s) Around 4.8x higher memory bandwidth

Significantly better floating-point performance (5,040 GFLOPS vs 1,280 GFLOPS) Around 4x better

Much higher texture rate (210 GTexel/s vs 40GTexel/s) 5.2x higher texture rate

Significantly higher effective memory clock speed (7,000 MHz vs 4,500 MHz) More than 55% higher effective memory clock speed

Significantly more memory (3,072 MB vs 1,024 MB) 3x more memory

Significantly higher pixel rate (52.5 GPixel/s vs 16 GPixel/s) More than 3.2x higher pixel rate

Many more texture mapping units (240 vs 40) 200 more texture mapping units

Many more shading units (2,880 vs 640) 2240 more shading units

Much higher BioShock infinite framerate (116.4 fps vs 24.7 fps) Around 4.8x higher BioShock infinite framerate

Significantly more energy-efficient idle power consumption (80W vs 106W) Around 25% more energy-efficient idle power consumption

Much better civilization 5 texture decomposition (2014) score (396 vs 215.8) Around 85% better civilization 5 texture decomposition score

Significantly more render output processors (48 vs 16) Three times as many render output processors

Much higher crysis 3 framerate (60.3 fps vs 12.6 fps) More than 4.8x higher crysis 3 framerate

Much higher memory clock speed (1,752 MHz vs 1,125 MHz) More than 55% higher memory clock speed

Much better passmark direct compute score (4,647 vs 1,359) Around 3.5x better passmark direct compute score

Significantly wider memory bus (384 bit vs 128 bit) 3x wider memory bus

Quieter idle noise level (38.6 dB vs 40 dB) Around 5% quieter idle noise level

So if you want to go with a quality GPU that gives you 100+ FPS on max settings on BF4 or WoW... Go with the 780 Ti (Don't get the titan, it's a piece of s***).... BUT if you want a mediocre GPU that will get you though the day satisfied enough, go with the 7770...
It's basically comparing a Sedan to a Super Car.... they both work fine, one just works better and you have more fun using it

Here are the comparisons for the 8400 vs 7770

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-8400E-vs-Radeon-HD-7770

This is the 8400 Vs. 780 Ti

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-8400E-vs-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti

Now the 780 Ti is much more expensive but it is WELL WORTH the extra cash if you're a PC gamer.. of even if you want to watch movies in ultra HD with flawless frame rate