Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI Security X

KSI Military 7 Military Section/Liason Request

To all KSI members that are reading hello. My name is KSI Military 7 or SPC Bennette Lance from the military Police in the United States Army. I had the idea/request to have a military only section for KSI Members that are currently serving, or past military experience/graduates from BCT. I believe by having a military section will create a more active forums with getting military Memebrs involved and recruited into KSI. KSI should be and is a 100% military friendly community. As you know there are a few communities that do the military Liason for service members. A few examples of the communities that do it are Fuzzys KSI,TMG, UD, and DHG.

To continue, having a military section on the forums not for just Activity but to show that military members are welcomed and should have their own a color like many teams do. By applying to the military section that member would be receive their own designated color that represents their in the military like they would with wearing a Unifrom. Service members would be required to to fill out an app to view or comment in the section. Its important to have a section for our Soliders within the community,but at the same time represent KSI in the best possible matter or to improve and this would be it.

As of for rules, myself and all other past and current service members know that lying about being an armed service member is as serious matter that is BREAKING THE LAW called Stolen Valor.Here is a brief idea on stolen valor is and why it was signed,

Stolen Valor-An Act to amend title 18, United States Code, to enhance protections relating to the reputation and meaning of the Medal of Honor and other military decorations and awards, and for other purposes.

The Stolen Valor Act of 2005, signed into law by President George W. Bush on December 20, 2006,[1] was a U.S. law that broadened the provisions of previous U.S. law addressing the unauthorized wear, manufacture, or sale of any military decorations and medals. The law made it a federal misdemeanor to falsely represent oneself as having received any U.S. military decoration or medal. If convicted, defendants might have been imprisoned for up to six months, unless the decoration lied about is the Medal of Honor, in which case imprisonment could have been up to one year.

So with that said. I know some of you are asking how would this law apply since we don't Inforce laws only rules, well here are some questions that I will answer now that hopefully answer yours.

How would you apply the law into a KSI rule?- one way this would work is since we can't Inforce the law and bring people to trial since this is a gaming community would be having server punishments.some of punishments that would be considered are blacklisting,DNH,Timed bann, rank demotion, etc. I will provide a list below on how the offenses would work but that's just a start.

How would one get konvicted of such offense? For starters I will set up an application that will needed to be filled out to get on the team/section. When filling out and submitting the forums, i will notice whether or not the information you provide is true,false, or in the middle that would require me to do some research. I know how to identify and can tell who is a past or current service member. KSI SHOULD HOLD FALSE MILITARY LEADERS ACCOUNTABLE. This is one of the ways we can make this work. when submitting the app and if your caught lying, most likely I will talk to you and decide a punishment that should be recommended /issued that you will handle through the courts. Myself as the Military Liason officer would issue the offense that would go into effect ( if I am giving the power to issue the offense if this request passes). Remember even if I as the military liason officer issue the offense which i will have a format on, that member will have to go to the courts to either choose one of the two following options.

1. When the following offense is issued, and that member feels that the offense is wrong, that member will have the RIGHT to fight the courts with whatever evidence/sweet talk that would prove your a past or current service member.

All evidence should be not only be submitted to me but the courts as well since depending on each case I will make a comment/statement of that member.

2.Accept the following offense of what ever it may be, with the following consequences that it follows.

Now for the next question.....

How would you set up the rules/guidlines for a sever law broken but be able to apply it to KSI?

Well here is the following below on how the rules would work an consequences that follows. This would be and official set up on how it would look like.

KSI Military Laison Rules/Regualtions

KSI is a military firendly community that welcomes all Past,Current,and recent graduates into the community. Appon joining the community and getting set up, you the service member will have the option to fill out an application to apply for access to the military section to meet other military members from different branches, and recieve a designated color on your name that represents you were or are part of the military at some point in time. The services that we provide to the country and people of the United States of America, we has soldiers/service members have the right to our honor,respect,and courage of wearing our Unifroms and claiming who we are today.

However, we do have certain indivuals that claim to be active or past service men that who are not. This proposed a threat and a huge disregard to service members. People that have faked being a service member usually committed an act for Promotions,Gifts,Recommendation, better hiring, or just for their own appeal etc. Such action of claiming to be something your not is Break The Law. As of December 20, 2006 and reinstated back as of June 28, 2012, An Act was passed to amend title 18, United States Code, to enhance protections relating to the reputation and meaning of the Medal of Honor and other military decorations and awards, and for other purposes.

The Stolen Valor Act of 2005,

Stolen valor act was signed into law by President George W. Bush on December 20, 2006,[1] was a U.S. law that broadened the provisions of previous U.S. law addressing the unauthorized wear, manufacture, or sale of any military decorations and medals. The law made it a federal misdemeanor to falsely represent oneself as having received any U.S. military decoration or medal. If convicted, defendants might have been imprisoned for up to six months, unless the decoration lied about is the Medal of Honor, in which case imprisonment could have been up to one year.

The Purpose of passing:

1.Granting more authority to federal law enforcement officers;

2.Broadening the law to cover false claims whereas previously an overt act had to be committed;

3.Covering the mailing and shipping of medals; and

4.Protecting the reputation and meaning of military heroism medals.

With that said KSI Globle Gaming Network will hold all Members fully accountable for lying or pretending to be a member of the Armed Services. KSI Globe Gaming Netwrok will not support the acts of people who steal valors. KSI Globle Gaming Network has a Zero Tolerance Policy for anyone committing such an act. The communtiy is repersenting many military branches/service members and will not tolerate having anyone commit an act because then that member is not fit to be part of a great community that is offered here. The following measures will be takers into effect immediately and issued If caught.

1. You as the member will recieve a immediate Rank Lock from your division. Upon Rank lock you will also be placed on lock down from participating of any event in KSI Globle Gaming Network. Then depending on your status, you have the option to choose to fight the offense.

Version 1 Winning your Case- If you as the accusing member wins the case, you will receive a direct apologizing letter from me directly. Along with that you will be Lifted from Your Lock Down/Rank Lock.Depending on at the time of offense you were going to be promoted but the offense stopped you. I will immediately contact your Div leader to highly recommendate you for a promotion.

Version 2 Losing your Case- If you as the accusing member loses the case, you will recieve an Immedaite Blacklist With NO CHANCE of ever coming back or appealing. This is your only chance opportunity to prove who you say you are. There are NO 2nd Chances to appeal because of a possbility to calibrate another story or try to print some documents. You get one shot to make it right.

ALL KSI Globle Gaming Network Member have the right to fight there offense. If a member receives a offense by the Military Liason and does not fight the case, that member will be put on a DNH staus, (Do Not Hire) Intill he/she goes through the courts. Member will receive a message from me directly to contact me ASAP so that the process and offense can be explained why he/she is being charged.

There will be two people in charge of military Liason that are Either both past, current, or recently graduated/enlisted service members

Head of Military Liason-KSI Military 7

Co-Head of Military Liason- Undetermined

Co-Head Military Liason may issue offenses as well. Notice must be sent to head for record purposes.

Final Note: To all higher ups or members that read on making a decision of passing this request, please do note that I'm here for the best of KSI. Even thoe as a SGT in a squad and on a few teams. Please don't feel that I am wasting your time because I'm not. I'm here to get things done and bring this community up to professional standards however that may be. Even thoe recently joining I didn't change my Gamertag, go staples to pick up supplies for the community, and write this policy/request for nothing. I will be here in this community till the end of my days as long as possible. I wrote this request not because I want to gain some power or promotion, but I do what I do for the people and the community. When making your decision on making me head of military liason, please realize I'm not your average recruiter joe walking in, I'm here to get tasks and mission done to the best of my abilities. Please leave a comment below on your decision or how you has members feel about this request.Thank you

Written by,

SPC Bennette Lance

16th Military Police Brigade

As a 7 year Navy veteran, I'm all for this. I think it will be a great thing to boost forums activity and bring our community closer. Great thinking SPC Bennette Lance!

PR2 (AW) Joseph Pelsue

AKA KSI_POSEIDON_7

I agree its an opportunity for those of us can be recognized and understood a little more by other members, We who are and those who have been in the Armed Forces try their utmost to be available and active though we have our difficulties especially at this time in diplomatic and international tension, So i think a group to identify us from others is a great idea.

Acting 1st Leftenant William.G.Bull RN

Royal Navy Surface Fleet - HMS Diamond - HMNB Portsmouth -

Ok sounds good sir.

KSI used to be allied with a Military and civil service community called Vets n Boots as well as our first Chief Military Officer came from that community KSI Joker 7 or the Real Joker.

Lying about being in the military should be a blacklistable offense and I'm pretty sure during my time as a judge, we did deal with an individual who claimed he was overseas active duty but was actually just lying and was blacklisted.

KSI used to be allied with a Military and civil service community called Vets n Boots as well as our first Chief Military Officer came from that community KSI Joker 7 or the Real Joker.

Lying about being in the military should be a blacklistable offense and I'm pretty sure during my time as a judge, we did deal with an individual who claimed he was overseas active duty but was actually just lying and was blacklisted.

Had to remind me lol.

Had to remind me lol.

Lol yea, but yea I forgot to say this sounds like a great idea.

I've asked to have a military section at least three times lol. Guess it takes someone new to get support. xD

(Btw, let it be noted that a copy of a military ID can NOT be used for proof of service in accordance with DoD regulations).

- CTR2 (IDW), USN

(Btw, let it be noted that a copy of a military ID can NOT be used for proof of service in accordance with DoD regulations).

this applies to servicemen and women in HM Armed Forces as well under GCHQ regulations

Does anyone have a update on whether or not this got approved or voted on?

If you havent spoken to kered, that would be best bet as he can speak with the other admins.

Ok sounds good. Will get with him on skype ASAP.

Added you on skype and sent you txt.

Military people have a very different view on things.... I for one don't always get along with civilians... So you would be giving an outlet for vets and military guys to have a place to call there own

Awards

@All Web Ops Higher ups- Topic may be locked. Military section already approved waiting for admin to set up section/ get in contact with me. Thank you.

KSI Military 7

Head of Military Liason Department

Are you sure Head of Military Liaison Department is a thing? Also why would they give you head of such a department(if there was one) at 18 when they have many more experienced military personnel here?

Are you sure Head of Military Liaison Department is a thing? Also why would they give you head of such a department(if there was one) at 18 when they have many more experienced military personnel here?

Are you suggesting that the group should establish by rank and enlistment date?

Are you suggesting that the group should establish by rank and enlistment date?

If you mean group as in just the forum group, then no, that was not my suggestion at all.

If you mean group as in the department, which their doesn't need to be a department created for a simple discussion forum, but if one were made, then the head of said department, would be better suited by someone with more experience in the military.

The duty of a military liaison as laid out in this topic, would easily be accomplished by one person and there would be no need for a 'department' to be created.

i understand, Your point comes to question the purpose of the group, The group is supposed to give somewhere for currant and ex military personnel in KSI to be recognized as well as giving them somewhere for them to relate to their fellows to talk, But other than talking i cant see what else we can do in the group, It does not really need a hierarchy system if you understand my point of view.

We could establish a administration system for the group to manage the members and the content.