Heracles

Marketing Department Proposal

Marketing Proposal

The use of the Marketing department would be to market KSI externally on social media, other gaming forums, reddit, and other sites to grow the community. Also to market KSI internally to our Clan ops.

Externally: We will Marketing KSI on other gaming forums, message boards, reddit, and other sites to try to get people to join KSI

Internally we would market:

the forums, to increase the forums activit. We will encourage the members to use the forums and show to use them if needed

Tournaments and events

Otms/otys

The KSI social media

The KSI store

We will internally market both on Discord and the gaming systems

Positions:

Obviously there would be a Head and Cohead, but there would also be

Internal Marketing Reps(Each Division should have at least 3-4)

External Marketing Reps(These people will have to be very professional, will have to abide by the CoC on other sites, and will have to wholeheartedly believe in KSI

Edited by Heracles

Well it would seem since the days of the marketing department In KSI we have evolved and spread the marketing efforts amungst several different departments. We have a social media and productions that are sweeping the nation. The only additibe that could be made from your post that could better us as a whole would be seeking outside sponsors for monetary donations to aid with server payment and tournament give a ways. I can remember recruiting back in 2007-2009 and mentioning to wide eyed potential recruits that we were sponsored by gamestop and that controller company I forget the name and them being super excited. We also had a sweet mlg team going for a sec there as well lol. 

Awards

On 6/10/2018 at 7:05 PM, KSI Vanilla 7 said:

Edited by Herecles

My honest opinion as KSI rises more from the ashes then there may be a possibility of bringing back the marketing team but in the communities current state it probably wouldn't do well. Not enough forums activity to get it off the ground.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:35 PM, KSI Osiris said:

Edited by Herecles

Now how the department be able to do that exactly not saying it can't be done just wondering?

I believe this could be done, but we would need to have it in the works at this present moment. Just as Osiris said, we would need to increase forums activity. Not every single KSI member has access to a computer, some even a smartphone. In order for the web department’s to increase activity, we would need more members interested in these departments to do the internal marketing aspect you speak of. 

To round this out, I am for this, give it that we will need more than just two divisions, with only one squad in each. Give it time, and this could come to fruition by the end of the year. But that’s just my thoughts. 

On 6/11/2018 at 11:42 PM, KSI Osiris said:

Edited by Herecles

On 6/12/2018 at 12:05 AM, KSI PhantomWolf said:

Edited by Herecles

It would also have to pop compared to the past marketing team and get other teams on board on they're ways to help the marketing team.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:27 AM, KSI Osiris said:

Edited by Herecles

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate the suggestion, and will bear it in mind as we move forward and continue to evolve our departments.

It is worth noting that we do have a social media department that has no staff, which performs most if not all of the tasks suggested here.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 9:13 AM, Elderpooter said:

Edited by Herecles

To address everything again

Yes this would be a useful Department, despite there being the social media and and Productions.

This Department would have Representatives from the Divisions, 3-4, these reps will promote KSI events, promote forums activity, teach members how to use the forums. They will promote KSI social media. All through the consoles and discord

The Social media Department posts things on social media, but they don't advertise specifically to the Divisions, and the Internal reps do.

For the forums activity being low right now, yes it is, and that is a major thing the internal marketing reps would work on, I don't see how that is relevant honestly, it actually bolsters my Position.

Both Xbox One and PS4 have access to a web browser, so they can access the forums through that.

The External Marketing Reps will be used to look for new recruits, which is something we need right now, especially on Xbox.

This would be a very useful Department even now

I am for it being in a Testing stage completely.

@Elderpooter @Kered 7

• Like 1