Crusader 7

KSI Courts Overhaul Announcement

Hello KSI

Crusader here, Chief Justice of KSI. I am announcing a couple changes coming to the courts.

1. Live Trials!
    1. I will be designing a new way to appeal a case. Instead of posting back and forth, we will allow arguments to be heard live in discord. These hearing will be recorded and posted publicly for transparency and documentation purposes. By the end of the month i will post up the full system. I expect this to go live by late November. 
  2. Statute of limitations!
    1. The board is debating a new rule when it comes to appealing. Statute of limitations. This will implement a rule that will only allow a certain amount of time from the action taken against you to come to us to appeal. Final verdict will be announced once we decide. This will only give you a specific amount of time allowed for you to come to us and appeal. No more waiting 5 years to appeal with the hope no one remembers you.
  3. New judge assignment systeam
    1. I will now be assigning judges to cases to mix things up as well as not overwhelm the appealing member. A senior judges will be selected to lead the case,  along with 2 associate judges and myself. 

Please post your feedback on the two announcements above, as well as any future things you would like seen done with the courts. The world is evolving and we need to evolve with it. We are always striving to modernize KSI, so let us know what are your thoughts. 

Announcement: I will be posting up an application topic to decide on 3 new judges. If you think you have the qualities KSI is looking for in a judge, apply and try your luck!

Updated 10/26/2018

• Like 3

I am interested in applying. Can you drop a link here for that so, I can go post my application? Everything above sounds awesome. I look forward to getting a chance to possibly work with you on this.

Live trials are what should have been done since the beginning. Nothing important should be discuss in text. Vocal conversations is always the best way for both sides to present their evidences so it won't be any confusion. I think this choice is a good choice for the court. Hopefully there will be less misunderstands during an appeal. I wouldn't mind being a judge       

• Like 2

Reason it was always done by text is for documentation and transparency purposes. Making sure everyone is being held accountable for what is being said. With the record feature in Discord, we can now do voice hearing if the member chooses so. Posting hearings will still be available, especially if all parties cannot be present at the same time and have enough time for it. 

3 minutes ago, Crusader 7 said:

Reason it was always done by text is for documentation and transparency purposes. Making sure everyone is being held accountable for what is being said. With the record feature in Discord, we can now do voice hearing if the member chooses so. Posting hearings will still be available, especially if all parties cannot be present at the same time and have enough time for it. 

I understand that but I'm just saying that now, with all the advances with technology their shouldn't be a reason for people to say that they were misunderstood in the appeal 

• Like 2

Well of course having additional judges for this would make it more possible to have this option more times then few. Which you are trying to do by opening up application which is a good decisions by the judges. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 6:19 PM, Axi Your One and Only said:

Live trials are what should have been done since the beginning. Nothing important should be discuss in text. Vocal conversations is always the best way for both sides to present their evidences so it won't be any confusion. I think this choice is a good choice for the court. Hopefully there will be less misunderstands during an appeal. I wouldn't mind being a judge       

way back in the beginning HB had a high council (basically a supreme court) in which the council met with the plantiff in a custom match(met in the middle of the map) to hold a case. This idea of voice cass isn very similar to that.

Very happy to see a return to KSI roots!