KSI Global

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI Wonder

Gas Prices

Gas Prices  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know this is a very depressing topic.. but i would like to see everyones opinion on it. BTW - you can pick more than one answer.

There is nothing wrong with our prices when there are ridiculous prices elsewhere in the world.

Its a matter of supply/demand.. For example; if prices didn't rise then we would consume the same amount of fuel and eventual run into a serious oil shortage, which would result in less production for ecomomy and send us back into a deprssion. Since are supply of oil is limited, the price goes up. The bottom line is if you hate the gas prices right now, stop using as much. By a hybrid or better yet car pull. ;)

Its either that or the Oil companies expand the supply, but that would only be a quck fix to a long-term problem.

i think the government should put alot more effort into making a new kind of transportation. they knew this topic would be a major problem worldwide but instead of coming up with a sollution... they just squabble over who is gonna get all the oil... + the car dealers arnt helping much either. i know most people cannot afford a hybrid especially when the price of them skyrocketed when the gas prices went up. but the main thing im seeing is the fact that when gas prices went up.. just about everything else went up in price because of the shipping costs.. everything except for peoples pay.. either way this country is heading for another depression... this is just the way i see it.

my best friend works for exxon and me and him shar ehis 25 percent on gas

Our country is already in a recession and as much as I completely respect our military officers I think the war isn't going anywhere but take money out the american wallet. The war has been going on for 8 years since 9/11 and had still been unstable before then with us in like the 80's or the early 90's (can't remember which). Gas prices have gone up and it is getting absurd. 4 bucks a gallon someplaces! My dad told me that when he was in high school you can get a cheese burger for 25 cents which was the same price as a gallon of gas. My grandpa told me that he could get a gallon of gas for 15 cents at one time and 5 cents for a candy bar. This just shows you how much our economy has changed within 50-60 years. Just imagine what will happen 10 more years from now. I also think our economy is messed up because movie stars sports professionals are getting paid the millions of dollars where as the heros that must take a bllet for them to keep our country safe and the people who keep communities safe get nothing compared to them. So basically if you risk your life and go through extensive training you get 11-25 bucks an hour and the big shot stars get multi-millions of dollars a movie? That doesn't seem right to me. It should be the other way around. Whoever becomes president needs to create a darn good plan to fix the oil crisis because it is effecting the cost of everything. Pretty soon if not within 10 years I think we will be in a depression once again.

I've seen it go as high as $4.10 in some places in Central Jersey for regular.

All I know is, if it goes past $4.50, I'm going to lose some weight and bust out my bike. :P

Awards

countrys average is at 4.35

highest place is in chicago from what the media is informing us, rises above 5.45 there

the government is evil, they could of converted us along time ago.

They get paid off by the car companies, and the oil industry. They're trying to milk us dry.

Also i blame alumani, oil companies, and US government.

well the reason why it is going so high is because we are panicing about the prices so were buying more while the prices are lower. then they raise it. and we do it again. the prices go up. its a vicious circle. what we need to do is be very conservative and not act like gas was the prices when it was 1.78 a gallon in the early 2000 and buy a crap load. we need to only buy what is completely necissary. also plan trips properly like road trips and be careful on how much you use. when the companies drop the prices its because we stopped buying it. but when the prices drop O MY GOSH EVERYONE RUN TO THE PUMP! its quite sad.

well thats only because the gas prices are going up and shipping and traveling costs to get goods places uses gas so everyting else is going up so someone can actually make a profit.

YEAH REALLY! just watch 50 years from now... the new school textbooks will have a whole century of it. The gas price age :closedeyes: ... caused people to become broke much faster :blink: ... the obesity rate plumited because no one could afford food or transportation :) ....

There is no crisis for oil. The only reason the prices are so high is for the simple reasoning that PEOPLE PAY IT. Why not charge the high price if people will continue to pay it nomatter how outrageous? There are plenty of oil reserves in our country and territory alone. There is a speculation that the U.S. would rather control other countries oil exports before using our own oil in order to keep the U.S. as the world power...

Ya lol watch when milk goes up to 10 dollars LOL

um that would make us go out of business cause we own a coffee stand and we have to buy 70-90 gallons of millk every week... so.... DONT JINX US!!!

There is no crisis for oil. The only reason the prices are so high is for the simple reasoning that PEOPLE PAY IT. Why not charge the high price if people will continue to pay it nomatter how outrageous? There are plenty of oil reserves in our country and territory alone. There is a speculation that the U.S. would rather control other countries oil exports before using our own oil in order to keep the U.S. as the world power...

i agree with you on that. i don't think it is a crises a wallet problem, or an annoyance. but we caused it. and your last sentence i completely agree with!

Yea they are pretty high I found a pretty low price. Right down the street from my house gas is only 3.79 a gallon hey its only about 30 cents less then most places but it adds up. I hope its still like that when I can drive next year..

I cant wait I am getting a 1997 Mitshubishi Eclipse GTS soon.