Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI Daemon 7

Warning ! NEW XBOX LIVE EXPLOIT

-==== A new exploit running around in halo 3 ====-

Today it was brought to my attention that a new exploit/cheat was running around in halo 3 , a very simple one yes but very affective to those whom are not aware of the presence of it. Simply a screenshot overloaded with modified content {modded} is sent to the victim and when he/she opens it , it will freeze the 360 and force a restarting of the system. The usual process for using this exploit is as follows..

1. The attacker sends the exploit after matching with you in a ranked game

2. When u open the screenshot ure xbox freezes and you "lag out"

Simply do not accept screenshots from anyone that you do not know ecspecially before a ranked game on halo 3. Further more on a note please understand that the screenshots that are being spread are not to be taken lightly they can cause a severe number of effects including system malfunction {permanently} or software/operating system malfunction.

This needs to be brought up in every meeting that we have...Bringing a meeting together just for this would probably be a wise choice as well this DOES work guys..And is very affective. Please do NOT take this lightly.

Thank you

KSI Jack 7

Co Creator

Awards

thanks for the heads up, i would hate to have to buy a 3rd 360.

p.s this should be pinned in my opinion because people need to know this.

Guys take this serious...pass on this info not only to KSI but to your friends cause everyone should be aware of this.

Spam it as much as you can.

Thanks guys.

Forced rebooting (or flooding) of your Xbox could cause potential problems such as hardware failure. Which causes people to have to send their Xbox's back into MS or buy new ones (either way it's a pain, wasted 4 weeks or wasted 400 bucks).

Notify anyone you know on this, not just KSI. Pinned.

Awards

But what I guess I should have asked is, do the "hackers" get any kind of benefit out of doing this, other than some sick personal satisfaction?

Awards

sumi, they do it to win games. you get messages from them the whole game so you lag. and if you open or accept any of it you will lag out of the game, so your team has to play man down...

I'll make it a little more short and sweet....It will fry your box..if done right...your box will know how to do nothing but shut on and off....So if that doesn't seem like a big deal to you go ahead by all means lol....But it is a serious issue...I am in the process of working with microsoft to find a fix for the issue..So should be resolved very soon. Thanks for the help guys.

Thanks for letting me know about this, now I finally know why people try to get me to look at screen shots before the ranked Team Slayer matches :wacko:

Mr Megabucks asks: Is there anything being done to get rid of the people sending those screenshots that make your Xbox freeze up? And maybe ways to keep screenshots like this off Xbox Live permanently?

Our detection tools have located the files and have been pretty vigilant about erasing them. Once things like this are found, we’re as nimble as we can be in eliminating them. This particular issue was traced to one single file and one particular bug which has been resolved. However, anyone who is found to be propagating this file is subject to the banhammers wrath.

I believe its still around they found the main file it started with though like nullzero said

I suspect that Bungie are being very vigilant about this issue, so I'm sure it'll become a rarity. If you do get one for any reason, don't open it of course ;) !

i have personally looked into the screen shot there are 3 of them but people copy to file shares and thats hows it spreads and bungie has now added a fileshare ban if they find anything bad on your file share you get banned. But do as stated and void file share with someone you dont know the ,picture is called flaming ball,. pm me if you have more questions about this on anything xbox 360 related and i will try to answer them

As with emails or phone calls (if you have CallerID), it's always good to check who the message is coming from. If you don't recognize the person, ignore it. Who cares. It's the internet.

Awards