Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr indiana

Bungie.net KSI group?

Hi i am just wondering if we have a active Bungie.net KSI group? If we dont i would like to know if i could set one up and start building up the popularity for Halo 3 Part of the clan.

I don't know if we have an active one. I remember Chief had one a while back but I'm sure that died out a while back too.

The problem with these types of groups is that you need someone who will be here for a long time and has been here for a long time to run them. Most of the people who've started the various KSI groups on bungie/Myspace aren't around anymore to run them and just let them there to collect dust.

Awards

I don't know if we have an active one. I remember Chief had one a while back but I'm sure that died out a while back too.

The problem with these types of groups is that you need someone who will be here for a long time and has been here for a long time to run them. Most of the people who've started the various KSI groups on bungie/Myspace aren't around anymore to run them and just let them there to collect dust.

I see the problem then. I would like permission to start a group and i will promise to keep it running. Since i frequent the Bungie.net site constantly. I know i have not been here long But dont let that fool you i am here to stay. If i had support from a higher ranking official we could manage most of the Halo 3 Tournaments from that group. That would help eliminate some of the clutter on this site. If we started this group with a few higher ranked officials if one left we would still have another to help keep it running.

Also from this Group i/we could manage new recruites and recruitement of new KSI members. So if i have your permision or another higher ranking officials permission i would get started on building the group and fill it with all the KSI rules and anything else neccesary.

Yeah you have to have alot of active people, and its basically just an extra forum to use.

I see the problem then. I would like permission to start a group and i will promise to keep it running. Since i frequent the Bungie.net site constantly. I know i have not been here long But dont let that fool you i am here to stay. If i had support from a higher ranking official we could manage most of the Halo 3 Tournaments from that group. That would help eliminate some of the clutter on this site. If we started this group with a few higher ranked officials if one left we would still have another to help keep it running.

Also from this Group i/we could manage new recruites and recruitement of new KSI members. So if i have your permision or another higher ranking officials permission i would get started on building the group and fill it with all the KSI rules and anything else neccesary.

Why use a Bungie.net group in which people have to register to the forums to be a part of. It's hard enough to get new members to register on the official KSI forums. Besides, the purpose of using a Bungie.net group to monitor new recruits and manage tournaments is highly redundant given that the KSI forums offer those options. Clutter? We have a forum specifically for challenges and tournament information; that plus each division has their own forum to manage events within their division. As goes for managing members and recruits, KSI has a very efficient website, KSIClan.net, to do so.

So having a group on Bungie.net is just an extra hassle, the only use of a group on Bungie.net is just simply that, a group; any collection or assemblage of persons or things. Any KSI members who happen to be a member of Bungie.net should join the group, but as a way of promoting KSI to individuals in the Halo community; crowds draw crowds. Using the group to monitor and manage members and events is un-needed however...