Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr indiana

Bungie.net KSI group?

Hi i am just wondering if we have a active Bungie.net KSI group? If we dont i would like to know if i could set one up and start building up the popularity for Halo 3 Part of the clan.

I don't know if we have an active one. I remember Chief had one a while back but I'm sure that died out a while back too.

The problem with these types of groups is that you need someone who will be here for a long time and has been here for a long time to run them. Most of the people who've started the various KSI groups on bungie/Myspace aren't around anymore to run them and just let them there to collect dust.

Awards

I don't know if we have an active one. I remember Chief had one a while back but I'm sure that died out a while back too.

The problem with these types of groups is that you need someone who will be here for a long time and has been here for a long time to run them. Most of the people who've started the various KSI groups on bungie/Myspace aren't around anymore to run them and just let them there to collect dust.

I see the problem then. I would like permission to start a group and i will promise to keep it running. Since i frequent the Bungie.net site constantly. I know i have not been here long But dont let that fool you i am here to stay. If i had support from a higher ranking official we could manage most of the Halo 3 Tournaments from that group. That would help eliminate some of the clutter on this site. If we started this group with a few higher ranked officials if one left we would still have another to help keep it running.

Also from this Group i/we could manage new recruites and recruitement of new KSI members. So if i have your permision or another higher ranking officials permission i would get started on building the group and fill it with all the KSI rules and anything else neccesary.

I see the problem then. I would like permission to start a group and i will promise to keep it running. Since i frequent the Bungie.net site constantly. I know i have not been here long But dont let that fool you i am here to stay. If i had support from a higher ranking official we could manage most of the Halo 3 Tournaments from that group. That would help eliminate some of the clutter on this site. If we started this group with a few higher ranked officials if one left we would still have another to help keep it running.

Also from this Group i/we could manage new recruites and recruitement of new KSI members. So if i have your permision or another higher ranking officials permission i would get started on building the group and fill it with all the KSI rules and anything else neccesary.

Why use a Bungie.net group in which people have to register to the forums to be a part of. It's hard enough to get new members to register on the official KSI forums. Besides, the purpose of using a Bungie.net group to monitor new recruits and manage tournaments is highly redundant given that the KSI forums offer those options. Clutter? We have a forum specifically for challenges and tournament information; that plus each division has their own forum to manage events within their division. As goes for managing members and recruits, KSI has a very efficient website, KSIClan.net, to do so.

So having a group on Bungie.net is just an extra hassle, the only use of a group on Bungie.net is just simply that, a group; any collection or assemblage of persons or things. Any KSI members who happen to be a member of Bungie.net should join the group, but as a way of promoting KSI to individuals in the Halo community; crowds draw crowds. Using the group to monitor and manage members and events is un-needed however...