Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI St0rM 7

Division Level Graphics

15 posts in this topic

Ok well...I'm addressing Graphics in the division level as a whole.

First of all division graphics teams are "doomed" from the start, as seen from earlier attempts in FS by me, by Virus in TK, and DR. These systems do not work because of a multitude of reasons. Most of the time, the "leaders" of the division graphics team are people who were "deferred" by the KSI Design Team and these people think that acceptance in the division is all they need. Cool. The problem starts when they start using the Logo. The logo is a symbol of KSI and its integrity is what the design team keeps in check. The people on the division graphics team usually "cut and paste" so to speak the logo, in which the majority of the time will skew its appearance. The next problem that comes is the loss of respect for the KSI Design Team. The people who are making sigs in the division teams will most likely have a grudge with the KSI Design Team and tell people that the design section will never do your request, it will take a million years for you to get it, etc. It takes patience and dedication to receive a completed sig. Lastly, the graphics of KSI will be divided, which is bad news for the leaders of KSI and other affiliates because then there is a loss of communication. Who is doing this, who is doing that, why isn't this finished, why is it taking so long? Dividing the resources in the first place is why it took a lengthy period of time to finish sig in the first place. Having a central source for everything makes everything streamlined.

To address the issue of requesting sigs from friends. You can request a sig in the sig request area, and put down your friend's name as a preferred designer. Easy right? k.

When I was on a division gfx team, I though everything was dandy, but it wasn't. While I spent my time doing sig requests in my division section, I had other people join me in the team. That was a big :nono:. That took potentially great artists from the KSI Design Team. Main point is, if your going to help someone, let that someone be KSI.

I have no problem if the people making the sigs are people on the Design Team or applying to be and want practice. If you are making sig requests in your division section and those people who are doing the requests are not on the design team, then we would have conflict of interest. I want to help KSI, not bring it down which having separate teams/people would make.

------------

Final Decision which Natas backs up.

No sig request topics in any part of the forums except in the Sig Request area. Divide and conquer doesn't work every time.

http://forums.ksiglobal.com/index.php?showforum=61

You may do private requests if you want to have practice and/or are in the process of joining the KSI Design Team.

Have faith in the KSI Design Team and do not do anything that would degrade them. We all have the same interests at heart.

The moderators will take proper actions next time anyone makes a "sig request" in areas other than the Sig Request area.

If you have any suggestions that are in the best interest of KSI, please feel free to contact me. AND PLEASE READ THE PINNED TOPICS :P Hopefully you understand my rant and if you don't and need clarification then ask here, or contact me if it is something you need to privately talk to me about.

This is Policy now as it seems, and has been like it was stated above.

Can Moderators Please Be Advised and Directors please notify your members in your division forums. And Take Action When Threads are Noticed. ^_^

It's always been like this and we just needed a reminder put up do to some recent speed bumps.

You can post it all you want and change the "policy" but im sorry if my members come to me and want a sig from me im gonna make it

Mine is not a Slight towards the GFX Team, and i do not Defer them from you at all, by all means my sigs are nowhere near the GFX teams standards

i do mine for those who may not have the 30 post min or jsut like my style i will close my topic but please dont be offended by me making sigs for my guys, its something i enjoy

Topics Closed in LS and ill even post the GFX area link in there for ya guys! :D

Awards

Brain banned division graphics about a year back they have been banned for awhile.

Awards

Yea what he said...

You mean what you said?

And should we feel free to report division sig requests?

You can post it all you want and change the "policy" but im sorry if my members come to me and want a sig from me im gonna make it

Mine is not a Slight towards the GFX Team, and i do not Defer them from you at all, by all means my sigs are nowhere near the GFX teams standards

i do mine for those who may not have the 30 post min or jsut like my style i will close my topic but please dont be offended by me making sigs for my guys, its something i enjoy

Topics Closed in LS and ill even post the GFX area link in there for ya guys! :D

Members of your division asking you to make a sig for them now and then is different than having a divisional GFX team. <_<

Which is what Storm was referring to...

yea we if they ask you on msn or live than its fine, but you can not have a forum topic about it in any other section but the design section.

Awards

You mean what you said?

And should we feel free to report division sig requests?

Report to a mod or admin. And Have it removed or closed.

its fairly simple, just no topics saying-

"HI GUYS, im learning to do photoshop, and if anyone wants a signature, just post here!"

easy, simple, FUN ;)