Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMohn

Braves trade Teixeira

BRAVES TRADE TEIXEIRA

KSI
HOLLIST3R 7
-The Atlanta Braves recently parted ways with first baseman Mark Teixeira. Teixeira was acquired by the Braves last year in a trade with the Texas Rangers. Teixeira said he had hoped to finish out his career in Atlanta, but the Braves management apparently didn’t feel the same way. After batting .283 in 103 games with 20 homeruns and 78 runs batted in so far this year, Atlanta decided to trade Teixeira to the Los Angeles Angels.

Mark Teixeira who has never been to the postseason before in his career will now have a very good shot in getting there playing for the Angels who currently have the best record in the MLB at 65-40. He will be leaving the Braves who are 49-56 and are currently fourth in their division.

In return the Braves will receive 25 year old first baseman Casey Kotchman who shows some signs of power as well currently batting .287 in 100 games with 12 homeruns and 54 runs batted in. Kotchman will be able to provide another powerful bat in the Braves lineup teaming up with star third baseman Chipper Jones.

The other player the Braves received was 24 year old right handed relief pitcher Stephen Marek. Marek was 2-6 with a 3.66 ERA in 34 relief appearances for the Angles double-A team in Arkansas. Marek is currently in his third season in the pros, all three of which he has played in the minor leagues. He has pitched as a starter and a closer in those 2 seasons currently trying to find his role as a possible reliever in the bullpen.

We will soon find out how this trade pays off for both teams, can Kotchman help Atlanta, and will Teixeira keep the Angels atop the MLB standings? We will find out soon when the postseason comes around teams are fighting for one of the sixteen spots in the playoffs.

I have a feeling in a couple of years this trade will pay off for Atlanta. Kotchman is starting to get into his prime years, and the Braves will save about 11 million dollars switching to a younger guy who will be as good as Teixeira in one or two years. ;)

yea hopefully I wrote this article so I could try to improve my skills for the Sportsteam and news team I am on