Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradGeezyGz

Rock Band?

Just wondering if anyone here plays guitar, bass, or drums....or plays in an actual band (who knows someone here might actually have a life lol) and what was their most recent song they learned how to play. Maybe some extra info if they want to add something in too

I'll start it off

Plays: Guitar and tried Bass

Band Experience: Just a bass reserve for a band that broke up

Latest song learned: Pork and Beans by Weezer (easy song)

Favorite song to play: Knights of Cydonia by Muse (need effects to play it fully)

Owns: A knock off model

Likes to play: Alt. rock songs, just something with a good rythem

Extra: I may try playing drums for fun...

Plays: Drums, Piano, Guitar, Bass

Band Experience: Play drums for local high school. Jam with others

Latest song learned: Futile by Porcupine Tree

Favorite song to play: Knights of Cydonia by Muse (need effects to play it fully)

Owns: Gretsch Catalina Birch 7 piece, various Sabian, Zildjian, Stagg, and Wuhan cymbals, Pearl Masters Custom 6.5x14 snare, Iron Cobra Double Bass Chrome Pedal, some acoustic guitar, broken Squier P-Bass, and Yamaha keyboard

Likes to play: Anything. Hopefully something that is creative and sounds good

Extra: I want to learn Sitar and the Tabla in the next couple of years. Raga is amazing! :)

Plays: Guitar, a little bass

Band Experience: In two bands with Verm, tried to make a band with a few others but they are unstable.

Latest song learned: War by Joe Satriani

Favorite song to play: Stream Of Consciousness - Dream Theater, Glasgow Kiss - John Petrucci

Owns: Guitars...= Two John Petrucci Music Man signature guitars (both 6 strings one Mystic Dream, one Pearl Blue), Epiphone Les Paul Classic, Epiphone SG, Yamaha acoustic.

Amps...= Mesa Mark IV, Vox 120VTH, Mesa oversized 4x12 cab, Vox 15 watt, 400 watt PA system.

Likes to play: Progressive rock/Progressive Metal, Rock, Melodic Metal,

Extra: trying to major in music performance, conducting for high school orchestra

hmm seems like we actually have people that are really experienced with bands in KSI, kinda surprized really :lol:

Anyways I was wondering if anyone had any songs they'd like to suggest to the not so experienced guitarist? I'm kinda low on ideas on what to play and some of the songs I've tried playing I'm not really ready for (like a few Avenged Sevenfold songs)

Plays: Guitar

Band Experience: Aim For Carnage

Latest song learned: Wings of a Butterfly By HIM

Favorite song to play: In Death's Embrace By Dimmu Borgir

Owns: Really crappy strat look alike. Want a warlock

Likes to play: Death Metal, something fast and not easy to learn. Love challenges

Extra: Ummm Im awesome? XD