Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sumidor P71

Private forums for music program?

14 posts in this topic

With the idea that deliberations should be kept between the board and the KSI staff, I'm suggesting that a forum be made and those on the program's board be allowed access to it. That, or a separate forum so we can keep our threads and discussions in order.

Name for now: KSI Music Program

Awards

You can grant individual users a specific permissions mask and keep them in the "members" group.

If you don't know how to do that, MSN me and I'll tell you.

Awards

I can, hes just going to say no

I don't see why. It's not such an arduous task. It takes all of five minutes, and can be removed with two clicks. >.<

Better yet: the public doesn't even know about it.

If he trusts you with that power, then he must trust you to make the decision, eh?

Awards

Not to be a butt but I can't see how this is going to work.

If I was a music artist I would have no intention of affiliating with an online gaming community. Granted, as a music artist I would get more views on my website if an affilation was made but the chances of having more seats filled in a concert or some event is very slim. An online community does not have the influence to do such a thing; we don't have a public spotlight on other areas, we are not featured on radio stations, no flyers in the local Starbucks, etc.

As a music artist, I would desire to create an affiliation with those in my local area; something that can guarantee publicizing the next event I will be at...

You know?

If I was a music artist I would have no intention of affiliating with an online gaming community. Granted, as a music artist I would get more views on my website if an affilation was made but the chances of having more seats filled in a concert or some event is very slim. An online community does not have the influence to do such a thing; we don't have a public spotlight on other areas, we are not featured on radio stations, no flyers in the local Starbucks, etc.

As a music artist, I would desire to create an affiliation with those in my local area; something that can guarantee publicizing the next event I will be at...

You know?

I wonder what would happen if we actually tried to recruit like that....

Awards

You know?

I see what you're saying, but that doesn't mean that an online community can't buy CDs, or download off of iTunes, etc., and spread the word, right? If people like someone's music enough, they might travel to see the person live in concert. Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm just trying to give the up and coming artists a chance to spread their name to those outside of their area so their chance of becoming noticed increases.

Awards

It you want to take the permissions mask route (which I advise), it's going to be myself and the selected board of members talking about candidates for partnership with KSI through the music program. Bird Flu and I discussed this briefly, and we both agree that it should be kept private so nobody from the outside can directly influence our decisions.

Awards

I think it would be easier to keep records this way, as opposed to MSN logs which can be erased, and PMs because the inbox gets full entirely too quick.

The public isn't going to see it... I honestly don't see a problem. But it's your site.

The senior leaders have their own area, moderators and other staff undoubtedly do too. The designs team has their own private forum. Why not us?

Awards