KSI Global

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI REAPA

ideaa

since we have a how long hae you been on the forums thing maybe for every like day or 5 days or something that we have on the forums we oculd get points for it. like 1 day could be like 10 points or something. idk if you can do this but its just an idea

Because the mods are completely separate, the points mod would have to be modified in order to pull information from each profile, recognizing the "milestones", and then giving the appropriate points automatically... and JT isn't going to do that, I can tell you right off the bat. It would take way too long, and it could be blown to hell in a matter of a few minutes.

And I can guarantee the admins aren't going to sit there for countless hours going through everybody's profile and granting the points.

Awards

Sumi gets a cookie, and for the details.....

Its not that i dont want to add little stuff like this, you have to weight the pros/cons/time factors.

*Pro - you get pts for staying on the forum more (activity ...).

*Con - People abuse with autorefresh scripts.

*Time - already not persuaded to modify to do this the time factor just adds to the cons

*resources - even thought our server is a BEAST!!! i dont like wasting resources off the top of my head the best way to do this would be to add a chain off if statements to the script which would add roughly 1 maybe 2 querys per page load. === WASTED reousrces.