KSI Global

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI Proksimitee

STR8 RIPPIN

Doesn't matter, we don't want this thread to turn into an argument whether video games are a sport or not. But anyway...congrats to Str8, I was hoping Instinct would pull it out, but they just didn't have it. Just curious, did you see the Str8 vs FB match? Str8 was trash-talking Neighbor and the Ogres soooooo bad. It was the best series of the tournament.

Dictionary.com

Results for the word Sport

An athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature

GAMING - Requires Skill, and i haven't met a gamer that isn't competitive.

ding fries are done..gaming is a sport...i have been doing my research and since i once weighed 282 lbs i have actually became a better gamer..not that i already wasn't god before..

i lost almost 100 pound and it makes gaming a lot easier..i dont get stressed as much, i play even better with good hand-eye cordination

it has been proven that bettering yourself physically makes you a better performer in many ways (get your mind out of the gutter)

look at ppl who win at MLG any of them large? nope didn't think so..thank you come again

There is no coma between athletic activity and requires skill which means it takes athletic activity that requires skill not one or the other.

Therefore if you can't classify it as a sport seeing as how it only follows 1/3 of the of definition.

Congrats on lossing the wieght, but I'm going to hate to this.

Lossing weight like that is un healthy if you don't exersise and diet right. If you lose 100 pounds from gaming it's not heathy at all because that show for a lack of eating if you lose 100 pounds without running or working out. A majority of the people at MLG either play sports themselves(real sports not gaming) or are nerds that play the game all day.

hahaha no no no i didn't play games and loose weight lol!! i actually worked out and went to the gym as fat boy (GOKU) he did the same thing..it actually works..i play sports and i'm a firefighter lol i have to do physical work

Oh lol sorry I was not in my best state of mind when I read that lol

So what I don't understand is what that has to do with gaming? Just because it takes small amounts of hand eye cordnation does not make it a sport.

you have to be in a different state of mind when you play video games to compete with one another..by defintion gaming may not be a sport but realistically it takes time..you don't just walk out on the feild and start playing football you learn the moves and plays and stuff like that..

just like in gaming you don't just join a team and never practice you have to learn what and what not to do, how your teamates play and how to react to certain things, being in physical shape also helps your mind and body out, it also allows your brain to react faster to individual things allows your brain to fire to let your fingers know how to move the controller

Competitive Gaming is a sport, not a contact sport, but a sport nonetheless...

Sport = an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature.

1. Requiring Skill... check

2. Competitive Nature... check

If this isn't considered a sport how is hunting, fishing, hiking, running, jogging, etc.

The reason why it is not a sport is because you use one(technically two)body part(s), your hands. You sit down while doing it and you don't tire yourself out, and you can't condition for it. If you play a sport that makes you an athlete for that sport. MLG has GAMERS, not ATHLETES, while yes many of them are athletes but you can't be an athlete at a game, therefore it is a game, not a sport.

EDIT: In response to Vapor.

It says an athletic activity requiring skill. Halo or any game for that matter, with exception of a few Wii games, does not take athletic skill.

two things,

1. gaming does take skill or why is it so competitive enough to give a grand prize at mlg of 100,000 dollars, if it was so easy then why aren't you 25 grand richers and have endorsements and such

2. if you want to get honest no it doesn't help you get life skills..trash talking yes, but to be quite honest, not smart to do in the real world...HOWEVER, you have KSI which if used correctly can actually get you talking to some pretty high up people in the gaming league..you work your butt of enough and people notice you..and you get promoted and the next thing you know, your co-creator of KSI and everyone wants to be your friend..

gaming helps little kids get better at getting sent to the office.. lol :P

back to the subject, congrats to str8 rippin :D

Just because you can win something and it's competive, does not make it a sport. If you think gaming is a sport, lets call Risk a sport, oh wait don't froget about Duengeons and Dragons, lets just make that a sport too now. The lottery gives you money when you win it, but it's not a sport.

Sport - activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively

Even though it isn't athletic, it technically can be considered a sport, seeing as it has rules and is heavily tactical.

PS: I am no nerd and could care less about MLG, but it still is a sport, like NASCAR...

Well Cheerleading does take alot of athletic skill, and it fits ALL the definitions of a sport, so yes it would be considered a sport.