Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sumidor P71

Jeannie's First Demo Song

So my best friend, Jean Mallia, just uploaded her first demo song... and I wanted to get your take on it.

http://myspace.com/jeanmallia

Please reply back here with your thoughts, comments, CnC, etc.

I'm in it!!! Listen for the low voices in the "yeah yeah!" part. I'm one of the two!

Awards

I think the techno sounds really help. But in all I don't really think the tune goes with the voice :\

I think the techno sounds really help. But in all I don't really think the tune goes with the voice :\

How would you make it different?

TBH, she says she "hates" it the way it is... but it's still a demo.

Awards

well yeah but a good artist is never satisfied with his/her work, therefore constantly trying to make it better. it's a never ending chase lol

Indeed, indeed.

Would you say that the music overpowers her voice a bit? I had my mother listen to it and she thought that she was a little too quiet compared to the music itself. She couldn't really tell what she was saying until the end...but then again, she's 51 years old this october. lol

Awards

just slightly, it wouldn't be noticable to the general population, but to dedicated music freaks it would stand out(again slightly) i'd say it almost sounds like shes afraid to put her full voice into it, like shes holding back.

just slightly, it wouldn't be noticable to the general population, but to dedicated music freaks it would stand out(again slightly) i'd say it almost sounds like shes afraid to put her full voice into it, like shes holding back.

Now that I think about it, I'd have to agree.

Awards

A real drummer would help to add more life to the song. Sounds kinda eighties w/o it.

A real drummer would help to add more life to the song. Sounds kinda eighties w/o it.

Apparently her producer did "percussion". *shrug*

Awards

I've never truly been a fan of female vocalists unless they are just Godly, she is decent, but her music needs to fit her voice I say something less Hannah Montana and more along the lines of Frou Frou look it up on youtube or wikipedia and listen to their female vocalist and I think that style is the direction she needs to take bc her voice can easily fit that.

Awards