Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cypha Soundz

Hip-Hop/Rap Movements

28 posts in this topic

Which rap movement(s) do you support

Gangsta Rap(Origin:Compton)

Hyphy(Origin:Bay Area)

Screwed & Chopped(Origin:Houston)

Crunk(Origin:Atlanta)

Snap(Origin:Atlanta)

Lyricism(Origin:New York)

What other movements are out there.Post Em here.

Are you kidding me? Completely ignored Chicago, man that Juke, Twista and Rebel XD(Fastest rappers in world) the whole mid west, hell you think Compton has gangster rap, go to the top artist myspace and filter it for rap in illinois, look through those pages and get a new def of gangster rap.

Crucial Conflict

Triple Darkness

Pyscodrama

D.A. Smart

Lord Infamous

Triple Six Mafia (not 36M)

E.C. Illa aka Whitefolks

ck free & young man

man, have none of you ever heard of The Wicked Streets of Chi: The Classics, or its sister album The Wicked Streets of Chi: First Episode? youve been missing out.

you also forgot Chicano rap, califas.

omg hyphy is so stupid and pointless especially that guy keek the freak or sum bull like that

i like new lyricism that's going on favorite so far.....Faboulous let the beat build freestyle....amazing just pure awesomeness

southside rap chicano rap mr criminal etc

b more careful

Are you kidding me? Completely ignored Chicago, man that Juke, Twista and Rebel XD(Fastest rappers in world) the whole mid west, hell you think Compton has gangster rap, go to the top artist myspace and filter it for rap in illinois, look through those pages and get a new def of gangster rap.

Crucial Conflict

Triple Darkness

Pyscodrama

D.A. Smart

Lord Infamous

Triple Six Mafia (not 36M)

E.C. Illa aka Whitefolks

ck free & young man

man, have none of you ever heard of The Wicked Streets of Chi: The Classics, or its sister album The Wicked Streets of Chi: First Episode? youve been missing out.

you also forgot Chicano rap, califas.

Im from chicago and I recognize most of those names except the last 2. But anyways most of those people or groups peaked in the mid to late 90's and don't really rap anymore but are still among some of my favorites. D.A Smart's Walk wit me is one of the best gangster songs to ever come out of Chicago. And most of Cruical Conflict's The Final Tic album are Midwest classics as well. As for scarcrow i didn't know he was from Chicago lol I always thought he was from TN cuz he always rolls with 3 6 Mafia, One of my favorite smoking songs are from him; Wheres da bud. Yeah you also forgor Bone Thugs N Harmony as cats out the midwest.

But yeah my thoughts of that.

I prefer lyricisim but still listen to it all. Hyphy when I need to get pumped or when I feel like dancing; Gangsta Rap will always have a place in my heart because thats what first introduced me to Hip-hop ie. Easy-E, Tupac, Old school Snoop, Warren G, N.W.A, Ice-T etc. Depending on the DJ i can listen to Chopped & Screwed music but not a big fan. And crunk and snap are pretty much the same think both made mainstream by rappers like Lil Jon etc. but yeah I hate the lyrics to the songs but love the beats for the overall rhytm of them.

Another new style that's coming up from the midwest is A-track be on the look for that artist like Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West and Pharrell are starting to get into that.

Where you live in Chicago? I lived on N. Kedzie avenue by Humboldt park for a good year or so.

ck free and young man = a group of LK's.

Lady A

Trip City Goons

Do or Die

Ryhmefest

Brave A

Ace mac

Nine One

Mac D

those are just a few more off the top of my head

lady a = ambrose

tripp city goons = spanish cobras

brave a = ambrose

ace mac = orquestra albany

nine one = yloc

mac d = mld

you can find them on myspace

if u guys wanna hear sum real underground stuff then look for the following in a myspace music search:

lady a

tripp city goons

almighty ambrose

ace mac

nine one

mac d

wicked streets of chi

whoah whoah ur not calling ME a mainstream rap listener are you?

I may hear Mainstream but Im not a mainstream rap listener <_<

I'm listen to more underground than everyone who posted here

rofl yeah ok

"I'm listen to more underground than everyone who posted here"

rofl yeah ok

i dont listen to that poo but n!gga, im surprised u would even suggest that.

what you know bout the park homeboy