Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Sanders

Internet Browser Wars

I recently updated to Firefox3 and have had some serious lag and other issues as well. So I went back to using 2 and everything has been working fine, but my understanding is that I won't be able to use it come December.

Should I switch to Google Chrome?

feedback anyone?

I downloaded chrome earlier today and I have to say that is a pretty good browser. Once the full version comes out, I will probably switch over to that, but until then I am gonna stick with FF3.

I'm diggin' it... the forums alone is loading faster with this browser... all the banners and such.

I'll mess around with it for a bit.

Awards

i has firefoxytres, interwebs ixplorer7, netscaper, and dats it.

I just use IE because i don't know much about browsers but I was actually checkin out the google chrome thing and after you guys sayin your tryin it and like it i think i will def download it and give it a try.

I downloaded chrome yesterday and it is great because it is fast and doesnt seem as cluttered. There is a lot of error messages when viewing flash files though i did notice but it is still in its beta stage. so for now i still stick with firefox 2. I like how ff2 works better than ff3. just my opinion.

im dling it now. i just got firefox a couple days ago.

i never really thought much of what browser i used. IE works fine and i didnt know there was much of a difference. everyone says that firefox is faster but i really dont notice a difference. but the reason i got firefox is because my friend just showed me all the cool add ons and stuff. like the cooliris thing, you can scroll though images like how it is on the iphone. theres a lot of other cool stuff too.

IE7 FTW

Sanders, what is this doing in General... you know this is a Water Cooler topic...

Awards

hmm, well im a FF3 user. i like both of the browsers pretty good, im on chrome right now :P

i imported all my firefox stuff. so alls good. not seeing much problems :D

i just want to download add-ons like in firefox :P

its still in BETA so all will come in due time.

i made a topic reviewing Chrome, and a basic overview, but idk what happened to it...

hmm, i found out there will be downloadable add-ons further through the beta, called Google Gear for Chrome.. idk?

oh and, how do i uninstall ie? :D

MF3 and Chrome are obvious winners of the fashion contest :P

Untitled-1.png

and heres a little chart i made on the main features i like in browsers

Untitled-2.png

if anybody knows how to customize chrome, pl0x tell me :P

and if you can have multiple tabs open on startup for mf3, pl0x tell me that too :P

EDIT:

rofl! IE8 beta has just come out, it has ability to use addons, but is still slow liek ie7 :/ (i think it just came out :/)

http://www.ieaddons.com/en/extensions/

EDIT AGAIN:

wow, IE8 is the exact same as IE7 but with a bookmarks toolbar, and its SLOWER! (for me atleast)

i have to wait a minute for the page to load before i can scroll down and read posts :angry:

if you love IE7 and wont take MF3 or GC a chance, dont upgrade to IE8 unless you REALLY want a bookmarks toolbar and addons.

Yea, Firefox 3 can have multiple start up pages. I personally like Chrome, BUT the scrolling is screwed :\

SAME FOR ME! the scrolling is too fast is you get my drift!

oh and can you teach me multiple start-up tabs on MF3 via MSN?

for now im setting GC as default browser, i still have yet to explore it :P

if i dont liek then ill go back to MF3 :D

Yea, Firefox 3 can have multiple start up pages. I personally like Chrome, BUT the scrolling is screwed :\

How can you has multiple pages haxxxx? I can't figure it out. :(

Moving to Water Coolah.

Awards

Have the pages that you want to have as start pages open. Then go to the place where you usually change your start page. And click "Use current pages" I believe :P

You guys are complete computer nerds... the only time I complain this much or bother this much with something is my guitar sound lol

Awards

rofl ^

i wonder why google hasnt made the google toolbar compatible with chrome yet :/

lmao i was just wondering that. i was using it and wanted to google something quick... and then was like wtf why is there not a google box @ the top???? i figured the first thing they would do is put that in...

and firefox is pissing me off. i like my add ons and stuff, but this most deff slower than ie.