Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apoc 7

Linux vs Mac vs Windows

Linux vs Mac vs Windows  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

hey did anyone go to that site in that 1 commercial? i dont remember it exactly, but people were like "omg wow i cant believe this is Vista" and the site is supposed to open your eyes to see good in vista.

when i saw it i laffed and said no vista is crummy. but then i was like damn i have crummy vista on my main home computer, so maybe i should go try it...

EDIT: wtf, why is sh1tty changed to crummy? :( makes me sound like a fat kid obsessed over food and eating all the crumbs.

I have a Vista and Mac computer. Both are good, but I would have to go with Mac.

Linux FTW

imho Linux is the best operating system.

100% Free. Itself and all it's programs.

Adobe Photoshop - $600+ | GIMP - $0

That right there is a huge money saver.

Plus, if Linux is pre-installed, you pay less for the computer (No operating system charge )

Most people say they've tried Linux about 3 months ago and it blows.

Well first of all, which distro? Some are less user friendly because they were made that way.

Plus, Linux has updates every week. Mostly Security.

Linux changes as much in about 1 year as Windows does in a decade.

If you put the three kernels through different tests, Linux is the one with the most built in security.

I currently use Linux Mint. I love it, the effects are awesome. Installing programs couldn't be easier. and overall it's amazing.

"But there aren't any games that can be played on Linux."

Wrong.

There is a program called WINE, that allows you to run any .exe you choose, which most Windows programs use.

I think I've proved my point =D

Also I might be switching over to Linux Zenwalk, it's for programmers so.....

hey did anyone go to that site in that 1 commercial? i dont remember it exactly, but people were like "omg wow i cant believe this is Vista" and the site is supposed to open your eyes to see good in vista.

when i saw it i laffed and said no vista is crummy. but then i was like damn i have crummy vista on my main home computer, so maybe i should go try it...

EDIT: wtf, why is sh1tty changed to crummy? :( makes me sound like a fat kid obsessed over food and eating all the crumbs.

Yea, the people that took the test though were probably using Windows 95 :B Or have never used a Mac or Linux.

Windows XP is the best out of all them!

Awards