Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VapoR

When you first joined the forums...

37 posts in this topic

When you first joined these forums or ANY forums, what was the biggest dumb (noob) thing you did?

KSI was my first forums and I remember seeing people type in bump to bump up their topic, and I thought they had special powers to do that and I was amazed and wanted to be able to do that... after about an hour I realized how big of an idiot I was :P

flame wars against xd with the rest of my godly da division.

hmm, the first forums i signed up on would have to be my old clans one, and i was also like nova, cause i was the only one with a O.K sig lol.

well, i did the same thing as vapor, but that wasn't the first thing...

i must say it would hafta be not realizing HOW to post, and i didn't know i had to be signed in, and i was trying to post for a tourney, hehe

gaia ended up just adding me to it :P

Double-posting and going off topic on the Stormcrow forums about 6 years ago.

Here, my biggest noobage would have to be my shotty sigs. Piles of shot in gargantuan dimensions. Now they're just piles of shot in standard dimensions.

-=}N{=-

I couldn't understand for the longest time why I couldn't post in closed topics.

wellz lets see i joined the ksi forums in 2006 and didnt learn how to urse the quote button till bout 3 months ago

it took me a little while to figure out the quote thing too. i forgot about that! not the reply, but that you can click quote on a bunch of em and then click post reply and all the ones u select are there.

but it didnt take me 2 years! lmao. wow, n00bz0r!

heartless - thats not a noob thing, thats a wise thing to do. i r God.

i also had no idea what the toggle multiquote thing was lol, but that wasnt meh first noob thing :/

i had the problem cus when i joined, the skin had the multiquote button set as a + sign, and didnt make sence cus of that :?

I too didn't know how to quote for the first like 8 months, I still don't know how to post a link and have it say something like "for funny youtube video click here" never tried figuring out though lol

ah i remember many i did.

1.) i thought i would never get a sig unless i obtained a higher rank.

2.) spamming and being told that i was spamming but did it anyways cause i didn't think i was doing anything wrong.

3.) trying to post repeatedly when a topic was closed.

4.) figuring out how to post a quote (i just learned that like 4 days ago) and i have been here for like a year.

usually it lets you do that when you hit the link button. which is the button but the underlined u.

this takes you to this same screen lol XD

Yea, most people just copy and paste the link and don't actually click that. Unless it's like for a sig image it's kind of helpful posting "Sig 1" "Sig 2"

Instead of posting that then the link, it's just easier to go through...

I too didn't know how to quote for the first like 8 months, I still don't know how to post a link and have it say something like "for funny youtube video click here" never tried figuring out though lol

[url=insert URL here]For funny youtube video, click here[/url]

:)

Awards

it took me a little while to figure out the quote thing too. i forgot about that! not the reply, but that you can click quote on a bunch of em and then click post reply and all the ones u select are there.

but it didnt take me 2 years! lmao. wow, n00bz0r!

heartless - thats not a noob thing, thats a wise thing to do. i r God.

I just learned this lol failure

i saw someone with 250 posts and thot they were amazing

Cause I repped Hayden Panettiere for a while probably, and you thought I was super sexay :P

nova were female
That's because we used to call him Jen or Jenny. Sound's like a female name.

I assumed people where not sensitive to being called out and didn't realize I wasn't allowed to call people's leadership capability and ideas into question without being called the Plague.

Amusing is that most people I have called out no longer remain on these forums.

Even the guy who called me a plague.

:)

Overzealous butt.

Umm... i dont think i've ever done anything n00b on a forum.

but i do remember erbs sig when i first joined these forums it was that sexy warhammer dr. erbs sig :)