Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

+ClasH+

Before I was Church goer

Right now I am part of the Catholic Church and go to go to church 2-4 times a month. My parents were just telling me a story when I was a little kid (10 or 9 years old) we were visiting Qubec City and when we went to to the Cathedral there my parents were like, "Tom do you want to go inside the church?" I said, "No." they asked "Why not?" I replied "Because there is a dead guy nailed to the door, what type of church nails a dead guy to the door?"

I know this was random but my parents just told me this because my dad saw something that reminded him of it, I personally found it rather funny so Ithought I would shre it with yall'.

lmao. that scared me when i was little too. i did some crazy things when my parents made me go when i was little... everyone there was weird and i hated going. everything was scary. i was bad to try to get out of the little group of kids and the mean helper people, but they took it as disrespect and got all pissed.

i went a few weeks ago (because my cousin was being baptised or something, i didnt know what was going on) and well im just not meant to go to church. i feel so awkward, like everyone is watching me. im so scared that im going to do something wrong and people will get mad at me. then i just started thinking bad things. but sometimes they just make it too easy, i mean they started singing "Jesus touched me!"... and from their it just went down hill. it takes all my concentration and effort to not bust out laughing when i think my evil thoughts.

lmao. that scared me when i was little too. i did some crazy things when my parents made me go when i was little... everyone there was weird and i hated going. everything was scary. i was bad to try to get out of the little group of kids and the mean helper people, but they took it as disrespect and got all pissed.

i went a few weeks ago (because my cousin was being baptised or something, i didnt know what was going on) and well im just not meant to go to church. i feel so awkward, like everyone is watching me. im so scared that im going to do something wrong and people will get mad at me. then i just started thinking bad things. but sometimes they just make it too easy, i mean they started singing "Jesus touched me!"... and from their it just went down hill. it takes all my concentration and effort to not bust out laughing when i think my evil thoughts.

wow...Maturity?

i left church behind, guadalupe de los muertos took a interest in my life it seems.

I did the Catholic Church with the Italian side of my family when I was younger until they told me that "mixed families" can't attend their church, so whatever. I gave up Christianity because I didn't know there were other Christian religions. Had I known, I probably would have started going to the Stone Methodist Church with my step-mom, but now I'm shinto. There are no public shrines in PA, so it's more of a spiritual idea system from a few old, OLD books, rather than going to church and listening to what are practically orders. But, I can't really say I'm one religion or another. I acknowledge that all deities of all religions exist, it's just that I do it through shinto beliefs. I don't listen to if you blend them all together, you get "God." But sometimes you have to separate faith from intelligent ideas first, so God can't always be the answer. But, ask any Christian, they'll tell you the same thing by saying, "The Lord help those, in the name of God, who help theirselves." But yeah... since the Catholic Church told me where I can't pray, I've pretty much been more spiritually sound after leaving.

-=}N{=-

Everybody takes something and put's it in their context.

Even the Bible; hence their being so many denominations. Some are a little ignorant of specific statutes of of the Bible and putting forth their own ideas. Where the Bible condemns homesexuality a Christian denomination allows homosexuals to be in authoritive positions in the Church. Not because they have a higher calling or because Jesus appeared to them letting them know it was a typo, but so they can make the Church more sinner-friendly.

Instead of pushing the message and teaching on repentance they accept the sin; further causing more public speculation that the Church is broken. Someone goes to a church, doesn't like the sermon because it offends their addiction to alchohal, so he goes to a Church down the street and stays because this church doesn't preach the Word but simply give motivational speeches with christian ideals.

Church is becoming a place of where people are basically weekly tithes in which the best way to keep them in their seats is flashing lights, throwing a concert, and tell them Jesus loves you just the way you are and you should stay just the way you are.

Right? Jesus died for your sins, keep sinning. It's covered.

-_-

Hence why the Church is becoming a bore; it isn't real and the conflict of denominational ideals causes the Church to appear hypocritical.

Right? Jesus died for your sins, keep sinning. It's covered.

-_-

That is ****ing hilarious... That takes the cake of everything I've read today. Hurricanes, black holes, beginning of the universe, and Jesus. lol Jummy you should open your own insurance firm that's insurance into heaven or something lol.

Awards

That is ****ing hilarious... That takes the cake of everything I've read today. Hurricanes, black holes, beginning of the universe, and Jesus. lol Jummy you should open your own insurance firm that's insurance into heaven or something lol.

Well, that's the Catholic Church, at least. Not to say other churches aren't a little corrupt, because we all know Catholosism isn't the only branch of Christianity changed for the convenience of man. Old Testement God didn't care about convenience. Somewhere between The Old and The New, God went from "listen to what I say, or I'll hit you" to "listen to what I say, or you'll kill one of your own, and then only after he's dead, try to interpret the man's message mixed in with your own persuasions, and call it right. In that, whether you feel remorse as punishment or not, punishment will be considered administered."

I think the answer lies in "The Passion of the Christ II," where Billy D. Williams (epitome of cool, Lando from Star Wars) plays Barack Obama playing Jesus during the second coming of Jesus.

-=}N{=-

I would apreciate if people would stop bashing my religion, thanks.

Sure, they are corrupt, but what they preach is what I care about. There are plenty of mixed famlies in my church.

been to church 1x in the past 10 years, so take THAT mr almighty, you can't get this soul, i promised it to the devil already;)

oh yeah, that 1x was the Xmas thing cause my ma said if i went that i could open a present early, aka World of Warcraft :P

personally, if some religous person comes to me sayin im goin to hell or whatevs for not goin to church, ill bring the pain, but i have some EXTREMELY religous friends, and they don't have a problem with my choice, therefore i don't have a problem with theirs, its a balance of sorts

anyone whos offended by that, id personally appreciate it if you took the high road and ignored him!

i dont want to see another pointless argument about religion that just makes every side look like a jackass...

fly - you have the right to feel that way, but saying screw you to some people's god isnt cool.

anyone whos offended by that, id personally appreciate it if you took the high road and ignored him!

i dont want to see another pointless argument about religion that just makes every side look like a jackass...

fly - you have the right to feel that way, but saying screw you to some people's god isnt cool.

i didn't mean it like that erbs, but reading it over i realized the way it came out, lol...i have nothing against people and religion, its just not for me :\

i don't push my beliefs on others, and i expect them to do the same, noone is right nor wrong, merely different perspectives.

Keep it proffesional people.. :rolleyes:

Religion always seems to be a heated debate so keep your cool and don't let your emotions get the best of you. When you put your personal beliefs (Religion) out there for everyone to see, you can expect some disagreements.

I'm not going to close this as long as there isn't any f lamming going on..

Thanks.

Keep it proffesional people.. :rolleyes:

Relegion always seems to be a heated debate so keep your cool and don't let your emotions get the best of you. When you put your persnal beliefs (Religion) out there for everyone to see, you can expect some disagreements.

I'm not going to close this as long as there isn't any flamming going on..

Thanks.

FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME

Lol, sorry, when i read 'flaming' i instantly thought of a small pokemon chasing spider around going 'flame flame flame' while beating it on the head with his guitar and facial hair :o xD

Well I'm slightly dissapointed in you all. I mean seriously the poor guy didn't say anything and everyone goes on a I hate Jesus spree. I am a very devoute Christian and I'm offended beyond defence. I would however like to say I will pray for you all.