KSI Global

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI MysticGoose

Jesus Fish

So I was just wondering if anybody knew if a Jesus fish ( I assume somebody knows what I'm talking about) lowers your cars resale value. I'm just asking because I bought one and it says on the back of the package that it's permanent and the manufactuer is not responsible for damage to car's paint.

I'm not a car guy so you'll have to enlighten me as to what a "jesus fish" is...

Awards

I'm assuming he means the decal of the Christian fish symbol. I'm assuming most people wouldn't want their car with one of those on it, so it might decrease the value.

personally, unless you are DEFINITELY going to be keeping that car until the end, i wouldn't.

and the story is, (as a religious friend of mine told me) is that people were being persecuted by their religion, so they adopted that symbol, and a person would draw one half of the fish, and if the other person was also of that religion, then they would finish it, and if they didn't know what to do, then the person that started it would know that they were not 'friendly'....

if it says its permanent, then it is, which means if you have a buyer lined up, and they are against that religion, or of a diff one, then they could decide not to buy it.

what i would do, is find a sticky (not magnetic) bumper sticker, and stick it to THAT after sharpie/ing the words on the bumper sticker out, then putting THAT on your car, usually the bumper stickers don't leave a residue or damage your paint, but im not taking any of the blame if they do... or if your feeling really creative, you could stick it to it, then use an exacto knife to outline it, so it wouldn't look bad..... :D

this is what they look like, some w/o the JESUS in the middle

http://www.doublefmetalart.com/metal-yard-...sus-Fish-Bg.jpg

if it is the chrome colored on with the 3M sticky substance on the back you can get it removed..there is a tool that looks like an iron that you place on top of it and he heats the metal up on your car..not on the decal (being the fish) it allows the glue to losen therefore allowing you to take it off

however if you do not let it heat up enough or let whats left cool it could ruin your pain there..

the tool they use is very cool..you can place your hand in between it and the vehicle and it wont burn your hand..it gets really hot tho on the side touching the metal of the vehicle..not the side touching the iron..

they use it quite alot to remove the decals that are on their vehicles placed there by the manufacturer

if it is the chrome colored on with the 3M sticky substance on the back you can get it removed..there is a tool that looks like an iron that you place on top of it and he heats the metal up on your car..not on the decal (being the fish) it allows the glue to losen therefore allowing you to take it off

however if you do not let it heat up enough or let whats left cool it could ruin your pain there..

the tool they use is very cool..you can place your hand in between it and the vehicle and it wont burn your hand..it gets really hot tho on the side touching the metal of the vehicle..not the side touching the iron..

they use it quite alot to remove the decals that are on their vehicles placed there by the manufacturer

that costs $$$$$$ id assume

So I was just wondering if anybody knew if a Jesus fish ( I assume somebody knows what I'm talking about) lowers your cars resale value. I'm just asking because I bought one and it says on the back of the package that it's permanent and the manufactuer is not responsible for damage to car's paint.

the fish itself doesnt lower the car's value.

its the fact that if it says it permanent, the reason for what the thing on the back says, is that because of it being permanent, would cause the car's paint job some damage by trying to remove it once it was applied. paint damage lowers the vehicle's resale value.