Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teh Krush

nova ip banned?

uhhh mmy ip gets banned like five times a week and its annyoing having to use a proxy and it gets banned for no reason

its automatic, whenever your IP changes, it autobans you, JT or HB or sum1 will be here soon :(

uhhh mmy ip gets banned like five times a week and its annyoing having to use a proxy and it gets banned for no reason

IF u use diff. PCs ur IP changes and thats why u get banned well thats what happens to me :P

i too am IP banned now......

i logged in at a coffee shop.....this myth is now proven.

and no, i ddin't do it on purpose.

I personally think auto-banning does more harm than good. I think it is high time auto-ban is retired, and the banning is left in the hands of competent humans who can judge situations, and do not simply force them into narrow parameters, or equations.

Awards

i got auto banned last week for "refreshing the page too much.....".....??????

refreshing your profile page lol :P

its automatic, whenever your IP changes, it autobans you, JT or HB or sum1 will be here soon :(

IF u use diff. PCs ur IP changes and thats why u get banned well thats what happens to me :P

I use 8 or 9 different computers and IPs through out the week.

If you refresh the topic you are looking at too much, you will get banned. But the thing about changing IPs I think is bogus. I am constantly getting on a different computer with out being banned.

Email or PM JT, he should fix your ban.

Awards

He did :D

He checks his IM's everday so its a sure bet to get un-ipbanned...if your not supposed to be banned :P

The site won't IP ban for an IP change. Likely a flooding ban. If you need a new IP, change the MAC address of your router, or spoof your PC mac if possible. Some firmwares don't allow for this.

well. i went to a coffee shop that night, and without thinking i tried to log into the forums, and i was banned. i got on a proxy and it worked, idk.....