Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI Black Rose

KSI NEWS TEAM ISSUE

KSI PRESS

Publisher: KSI Black Rose Issue NUmber: 1 Volume Number: 1 Date: 9/14/08, Sunday

STRAIGHT NEWS- Get The Facts!

Presidential Candidates: What Do They Stand For?

By KSI SLOTH

The battle for the White House has come knocking again KSI, but this time there is a chance for a monumental change for the history of the United States. For the first time in history an African-American has been chosen for the Democratic Party nomination, and that person is Barack Obama. Barack’s opponent, and Republican candidate, John McCain is a war veteran who won the Republican Party nomination with significant ease compared to the Democratic Party. We know the two candidates well, but what do they truly stand for, and why did they pick their running mates?

Obama needed a person that knew how to act in Washington, and Biden is one of the democrats that know how Washington runs, inside and out. Biden is also pro Iraq war so he shines a light on his running mate, Obama has a hard time seeing. So, to be perfectly clear, Obama picked a person that has the necessary experience to run the White House expertly, and to have a person that has a very different thought process.

McCain has a significant reason by choosing a woman for his running mate, and that reason is that he is capitalizing on how Obama and Hilary have split the Democratic Party. Palin was a prime choice for her rock solid attitude about how things are ran under her watchful eye. She has no tolerance policy about bad ethical choices made by politics. McCain needed to pick a person that would help him win the presidential nomination, and to help clean up Washington.

Now that the running mates have been chosen, what is the biggest issue being addressed by these two candidates? The answer is, by a poll, the Iraq War. Both candidates have totally opposite views on the war. Obama wants to pull out of Iraq immediately so that no more lives are lost to a “worthless cause”. McCain wants to put more troops into Iraq so that “those lives that were lost, were not wasted” to keep a nation’s freedom.

Obama and McCain are the two people fighting for the most powerful position in the world, the facts are laid out for all to see and all that is left is for the people to make a decision on which it will be. Both candidates are more than ready to take on the most important job for the greatest nation in the world. As in the words of Xbox, “Rock the Vote”.

A Chat with H B D R

By KSI AceOfSpades and KSI Lookout

KSI AceOfSpades: First off I would like to thank KSI HB D R, President of KSI, for taking this time to sit down with KSI Lookout and I on behalf of the KSI News Team.

KSI HB D R 7: Yup, no problem guys.

KSI Lookout: So HB, When did you join KSI?

KSI HB D R 7: Ha. It has been so long ago but it was around October 2005 so I'm coming up on three years.

KSI AceOfSpades: So, you’re in KSI for the long haul then?

KSI HB D R 7: Pretty much I'm in for another three years until I get my Masters degree in Criminal Justice. I'll have to see what is going on in my life and if I have enough time at all after that.

KSI Lookout: After being a part of KSI for so long did you think when you first joined that you were going to be committed to KSI as you are now?

KSI HB D R 7: No not at all. I was recruited in matchmaking because FBC had to get a ton of members or they would be shut down. Just recently FBC (Full Blown Chaos) came back. Anyway, I was recruited to get the minor clan match rank up for my division as well.

KSI AceOfSpades: Well, after joining KSI and getting to know some of the members, did you then believe that you would still be involved three years later?

KSI HB D R 7: No, I did not really believe so then either. In my first year I was working behind the scenes helping KSI Adidas 7 (he was a co-creator back in the day) do his work. He promoted me to general after FBC was shutdown three days after my entrance into KSI. I made my own squad, made it the highest ranked squad in KSI twice, and wasn't noticed for a long while.

KSI Lookout: So, Can you recall the number of Divisions KSI had when you first joined KSI?

KSI HB D R 7: I'm about 95 percent sure it was 7. The ones I know we had were XD, XG, XK, FS, Sirens, and AD might have been as well, I can’t recall the seventh one. XK had the most members by far but they left KSI to make XGC a few months after I joined XG.

KSI Lookout: On that note, now that KSI and its Divisions have grown do you feel that KSI has accomplished something here?

KSI HB D R 7: Well though I don't agree with having a 60 some divisions that we have today, I can see why we have them. We are trying to change to a more corporate gaming community and make things more organized. Personally, I'm a fan of a small amount of divisions with a thousand people in them a piece with maybe 2 directors over one division. We will find out if anything is accomplished by this new corporate method later down the road.

KSI AceOfSpades: While we are on the subject, how do you feel about the way KSI members are reacting to the recent division boom and promotions?

KSI HB D R 7: Change happens quite a lot in KSI. Sometimes it works well and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't work, then another method will be used but for right now we just have to sit back and see how everything works out.

KSI Lookout: After your recent promotion to President of KSI, do you look back on your KSI Career and agree that it was worth it?

KSI HB D R 7: I never really cared for a rank honestly. I didn't have a rank for about a year while in KSI. I still did everything I usually did and people looked up to me more ironically. I'm glad to be where I am though. I feel I've been here quite a long time without taking a single break or leaving for another community and coming back.

KSI AceOfSpades: And KSI thanks you for that, because that is what we need in a true leader.

KSI Lookout: I once heard someone tell me that leaders in KSI come and go, but the impact they have had on KSI is everlasting. Do you agree with that statement?

KSI HB D R 7: Not really. As sad as it might sound, everyone can be replaced another person. There is always someone in KSI who wants to step up and make KSI a better place. Some people do it, and some people don't. It all depends how hard you work and what you do if you make an impact or not.

KSI Lookout: Who would you say was one of the leaders you looked up to when you were first starting out?

KSI HB D R 7: Well as I said, the only leader I worked with when I first started out was Adidas. He taught me everything.

KSI Lookout: What can the members of KSI expect to see happen by the end of this year? Is there anything that may be of interest of our members?

KSI HB D R 7: I think we are all just sitting back and watching the change to becoming a corporate gaming community. Things change day by day. You really don’t know what’s going to happen later.

KSI AceOfSpades: Well that about wraps it up HB.

KSI HB D R 7: Alright, thanks guys.

KSI AceOfSpades: So, on behalf of the KSI News Team, My colleague KSI Lookout, and Myself we would like to thank you again and wish you luck in your goal for your Masters Degree.

KSI HB D R 7: Thanks, nice sitting down and doing this with you.

FEATURE NEWS- Very Interesting!

Fallout 3

By KSI Ody

In the year 2077, the world goes silent. Countries vaporized, billions die, and the world, as we know turned upside down. For 200 hundred years, the surface is a place only of nightmares. The survivors of the atomic war have long ago become accustomed to their Vault-Tec fallout shelter. The normalcy of shelter life continues until one day, your father, disappears. And so the story begins…

Fallout 3 is a massive RPG (Role Playing Game) in which the player has unlimited freedom to move about the wasteland that was once Washington D.C. The game includes complete character customizations based on an attribute point system. The player can choose from first and third person viewpoints that greatly enhance the user friendliness of the game.

This Bioshock meets The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is visually stunning (well, as stunning as a formally radioactive wasteland can be.) The “super-deluxe” HD graphics promise to bring out the best resolution in the super mutants, hellish terrain, and, of course, the exploding bodies. The game also includes a “mind-blowing” artificial intelligence that brings unique facial expressions, gestures, and dialog to the next level in this gaming experience.

“It's a game that threatens to consume our every waking thought once it finally sees the light of day this October.” – Martin Robinson, IGN

When is too Many too Much?

By KSI AceOfSpades

The answer to that question is never. All over KSI members have petitioned and complained about the recent promotion spree by our beloved CEO KSI Seven 7. Although all have their reasons that have been not only just but fair, there is a positive side to this event turned bad. Leadership, it is a quality that is not only portrayed by our leaders but also passed on to those willing to listen and strive. “With great power comes great responsibility” famous for its use in the Spiderman comic and movie, it is brought to life by our Senior Leaders.

The Senior Leaders of KSI have more responsibility then most would know what to do with. However, they have the ability to pass on what they know to the new Directors below them. There in lies the problem that most are bringing up, why do we need more Directors? Why? Well its because it is the way KSI works. Once a potential leader shows the ability to handle the work, and then they can possibly get promoted. Once a leader gets promoted then a spot opens up. You know and I know that a lot of members complain about not ranking up, so isn’t this a good thing for them?

Even though not all believe in ranking up the KSI infrastructure having more leaders with experience around KSI is always going to be a good thing. With more leaders comes more chances to have problems solved faster, more chances to learn a thing or two from someone that knows it, and the additional help, embrace it KSI they are here for us!

ability to get your opinion heard from more people. So I say instead of complaining about the additional help, embrace it KSI they are here for US!

Death Race: A Movie to See or Not to See?

By KSI xRoCk3Rx

Jensen Ames (Jason Statham) is a hard working family man who fell on hard times with a declining economy. Just as he thinks he has turned his life around, he is framed for a devastating murder he didn't commit. Sent to prison at Terminal Island, he is confronted by the warden who gives him a get out of jail free card, if he agrees to wear the mask of the fabled driver, Frankenstein.

Racing behind the metal mask of Frankenstein, he will be put through an insane three-day race. Ames, with the help of his team, will be challenged by some of the most brutal criminals in the toughest prison, to claim the prize of freedom. Driving a monstrous car equipped with machine guns, flamethrowers and grenade launchers, a gladiatorial battle is fought on a racetrack and Ames will obliterate anything in his path to win the most twisted spectator sport on Earth.

Full of twists and turns, you are sure to stay on the edge of your seat. I would recommend this flick to anyone who likes action, a little gore and a lot of racing. Out of five stars, I would give this a four.

SPORTS- Get Active!

MLG Sport or Not?

By KSI ClasH 7

What defines a sport? According to Dictionary.com, it's an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature. So, by definition MLG only fits one third of the definition.

Does this make it a sport? Absolutely not. Now many of you will make a counter argument saying that gaming requires skill so that makes it a sport. This is true it does take skill, but this does not make it a sport, if you look at the definition one more time notice that there is no coma between, 'athletic activity' and 'requiring skill'. This means that a sport is an athletic activity that requires skill, not one or the other.

Sports are also of a competitive nature, this is all a sport and MLG have in common, people play the board game Risk competitively, does this make Risk a sport? That was a rhetorical question if you didn't catch on.

Sports require athletes, not gamers. The difference between an athlete or a gamer is that you exert energy when you are playing a sport, you do not do this while you are gaming. Many gamers are athletes, as I am both. Although when I play a game I consider myself a gamer, not an athlete.

Chicago Bears Defeat the Colts with Forte and Orton Standing Out

By KSI Anton

The Bears told the press that the pre-season should be no preview of the Bears game in the regular season, and they proved it Sunday night in Indy. Fueled by an agressive defense and revamped running game offense, the Bears the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium with a 29-13 score.

"I've said all along you get to your first game to see where you are," said the Bears coach, Louie Smith. The Bears showed a game that we have not seen since the 2006 Super Bowl, when they were defeated by the Colts in Miami.

Rookie Matt Forte, a running back, gleamed in his first ever NFL start with a 50 yard touchdown run and 123 rushing yards. Then, with doubts and many negative bets about the starting quarterback, Kyle Orton, for the Bears, he showed all with 13 of 21 passes for 150 yards. Orton does his best and shines in the spotlight, but critics still want more of this quarterback.

Do you think the Bears hold a promising season? Will they finish off the season strong? Stick with the Bears and see for yourself.

Sources:

USA today

ESPN

Chicago Bears

Sports Joke- Football Fan To The Rescue

By KSI Black Rose

Two boys are playing football in Central Park when one is attacked by a rabid Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy rips off a board of the nearby fence, wedges it down the dog's collar and twists, breaking the dogs neck.

A reporter who was strolling by sees the incident, and rushes over to interview the boy.

"Young Giants Fan Saves Friend From Vicious Animal," he starts writing in his notebook.

"But I'm not a Giants fan," the little hero replied.

"Sorry, since we are in New York, I just assumed you were." said the reporter and starts again. "Little Jets Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack" he continued writing in his notebook.

"I'm not a Jets fan either," the boy said.

"I assumed everyone in New York was either for the Giants or Jets. What team do you root for?" the reporter asked.

"I'm a Cowboys fan," the child said.

The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes, "Little Redneck Maniac Kills Beloved Family Pet."

Source: kidssportsnet.com

FUN PAGE- Random, Different, Worth it!

Well it’s Official, We Spam too Much

By KSI AceOfSpades

I had the liberty of interviewing a few different Global Moderators for KSI. Out of the ones I surveyed, 66% of the Mods feel that after the recent member expansion the amount of unnecessary spam had skyrocketed. The other 33% of the interviewed Mods believe the spam rate is exactly the same. So, in basic, let’s do what we can KSI to help with spam raid. I understand you all want your points, but if it's not a topic for you to be involved in- stay out. Simply put, place your points in the bank and don't post where you don't need to.

Weird Word

By KSI Black Rose

I decided to conduct a survey. This involves a weird word that, most likely, not many have heard of and the responses of KSI members willing to participate. Look and see the crazy responses I received for borborgymus.

KSI SasaSandwich- Sasayuki thinks it's a type of mortified fat on a dead body.

Erbs- Erbs thinks its a new super secret legendary pokemon.

KSI FLYBOY- sounds like some sort of meat....like pork....or sausage :\

KSI Lope 7- when i read the word i thought thats how i feel in my math class, which is hunger and boredom.

Sumi- Sumi thinks it's the name of the reject formula for Peanut Butter created by George Washington Carver.

KSI Turbo Celi- The name of a spell from Harry Potter that makes you grow massive amounts of hair on your legs.

.Nova- I think its Erbs' alias.

KSI Alykatt- KSI Alykatt thinks it means a tropical fruit from an undiscovered island that cures the boredom i feel in history class.

The actual definition of borborgymus is stomach growling or grumbling.

Check out the water cooler/spam area for another topic like this and maybe you will see your tag in the KSI Press!

KSI and Its Divisions

KSI AceOfSpades

I placed a poll in the Polls forums of KSI asking the question as to the amount of divisions that KSI will have by the end of the year. Here are the results:

50% of those that voted said KSI would have More than 90 different Divisions

16.67% of those that voted said KSI would have the Same amount of Divisions that it now has

16.67% of those that voted said KSI would have about 70 different Divisions

and the other

16.67% of those that voted said KSI would have about 75 different Divisions

Well that raps up this Poll, look in the Polls forums for the News Teams next KSI Poll.

Recipe- Chocolate Scotcheroos

By KSI Black Rose

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup

1 cup sugar

1 cup creamy peanut butter

6 cups crispy rice cereal

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup butterscotch chips

DIRECTIONS

Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large pan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add cereal; stir until evenly coated. Pour into greased 13x9-inch pan and pat into place. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over cereal. Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars.

A Special Message From the Editor

KSI Black Rose

Thank you to all who contributed to this first KSI Press issue and thank you readers! Please stop by the News Team forum section to see how we run! Take a look at our newly created site which is listed under the pinned topics as well as the members list, rank descriptions, application forum, tips and tricks, suggestions and ideas, and the general chat. Feel free to apply or just say hello! We would like all the feed back from this first issue as possible and please tell us something you would like to see in our issues. Once again, thank you!

no but feedback on this is greatly appreciated everyone we all worked really hard on this and want to improve.

nice, good job guys. could see some info on tourneys please.

Good issue. It's an interesting mix of different subjects; movies, games, inside news of KSI, and heavy political issues. Perhaps I'll look into joining up; I can have some great ideas at times.