Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Demonic21

point system...

18 posts in this topic

i'm not trying to be rude or anything but what kind of forum forces you to post just have have a sig and avatar? that's like taking someone's freedom of speech away and only way to get it back is to pay for it :lol: me myself i don't post much i just like to read what's going on in ksi just simply because i have other things to do work/work on my website and forum/moderate another forum and some chat rooms, and other things that tie me up, so getting these points for post is a bit ridiculous imo.

maybe you guys can just give people more space in their pm boxes for points and more gallery rights with the points but leave the sig/ava thing alone :-p

just my opinion i don't mean to be rude or anything

-demonic

I agree very much so also considering the fact I've been around for a while and I have 900+ Post and I didn't get points for about 890 of them so I think this is a problem...I also don't have me sig or avatar unlocked.

wether or not i have the points isn't the point, i know members of forums need to be active, but to charge (that's pretty much what your doing) for a sig and avatar is kinda stupid, like what's the benefit in doing that?

wether or not i have the points isn't the point, i know members of forums need to be active, but to charge (that's pretty much what your doing) for a sig and avatar is kinda stupid, like what's the benefit in doing that?

From what I have heard, apparently it makes us appear more "professional."

Awards

well i kinda look at it as your forced to post to get your sigs and avatar and when i'm being forced to do something i simply stop caring and stop doing because i don't like being forced into things, as for looking more professional that's bogus all it encourages is spam, wanna keep the forum alive start a contest or something (like the member with the most post gets extra pm space, more gallery rights, and their name is in a different color)see for me the gallery should be a privilege and not a right

alrighty.

I had around 2k posts when it was implemented. I didn't see ONE of those points, how do you think that made me like it? But i still defended it, because eventually when ppl start to make points they would come round. I currently have over 40k points in the bank (with some help from nova for an idea) and i only won the lotto ONCE. If you get 100 points saved up, its multiplies FAST.

1- Please get over it, your not the first to complain, nor the last.

2- Don't call things gay. Its not appropriate usage of the term, and shows your immaturity.

3- You would only have 60 points, so it barely affects you...

it's not hard just time consuming when you don't post much to begin with, and it feels like your freedom of speech is taken away until you pay for it lol.

--------------------

new sig:

mehcopy-1.jpg

are you serious? its 200 points..ten post a day..youll make it in like than 20 days..if you post 20 a day..10 days..

really time consuming? dont think so..suck it up and just post and get active on the forums and help your division out by doing so..

1- Freedom of speech? that doesn't apply in private situations, that amendment only applies from the government, private companies may take your speech as much they want.

2- Its a luxury, not a privilege.

3- If your not willing to post 100 points worth so you can edit your sig, then your not dedicated enough for your opinion on the point system to be considered.

Stop whining, the point system is good... I promise.

Before people posted to get their post count up then they would randomly stop, now it's a never ending game with the amount of points you can get ;)

I had over 4000 posts when the points started.. It would have been nice to have had those poinst to start with, but it didnt happen. It would have taken forever to go from member to member and calculate how many points they are owed based on the number of topics opened and posts.

I havent cheated the system like some have, I finally won the lottery, two days in a row :P , I now have a little over 11000 points. It isnt hard to get points, heck if you do GFX, you get points. If you do other things, you get points. It is fairly easy. Just look into it before you complain about the lack of fairness. ;)

Awards