Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

llCapStonell

The Economy

17 posts in this topic

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080925/ap_on_bi_ge/bush_markets

If some of you have been watching the news then you know that America is facing a huge recession. I have had some intel come to me this afternoon that major businesses are about to go bankrupt and in essence, cause a massive job loss through out America. One of the number one causes of this is Fear and expectations of future prices in the market (Economics 101) So the fact that I heard this before President Bush's announcement tonight, lets me know that we do have a future crisis on our hands.

So.. What do you think KSI?

Do you think this is caused by President Bush and his administration?

Do you feel that we have nothing to worry about in the long run?

Is this just some hyped up nonsense and won't effect us?

Lets talk some economics. ;)

It hasen't really affected me so I aint worried about it, when I start seeing more empty lots and more then the usual amount of homeless and addicts running around then I might care.

It hasen't really affected me so I aint worried about it, when I start seeing more empty lots and more then the usual amount of homeless and addicts running around then I might care.

So wait, your the lone person in the US whos property value has stayed the same in this past year. your still payin 2.00 for a gallon of gas. your supermarkets have kept constant prices on all their Items. Everyone is effected. IDK how old you are but if older than 18, you should find that things are getting way out of hand with the economy. someone could have bought a million doller home last year thats only worth 400000 now but still has to pay off the million through loan payments. I could say so much more but as of right now I dont have time. No one should post here saying they are uneffected by the crisis.

someone could have bought a million doller home last year thats only worth 400000 now but still has to pay off the million through loan payments.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner... Because of the increase in cash flow coming to America in the past decade, Banks in America have found themselves with more cash to lend out then ever. As a result, interest rates dropped on loans and more people began to buy homes. President Bush mentioned much of this in his announcement so I will let some of you do your research, but in short, they couldn't make their mortgage and found that the house had dropped in value.

I believe any future government involvement will fix the problem in the short-run but the long-run... cause an even more recession then we have now.

Good stuff!

First off, I just want to say that I have not followed anything having to do with the government, the political candidates, the economy, and all of the rest of it, aside from knowing that Obama and McCain are running for president, and McCain's an old war hero.

Second, I watched what I believe to be all of Bush's address last night (don't ask me how I did it; I'm as amazed as you are), and I actually found myself thinking, "Wow, what he's saying makes sense... he doesn't sound like the dumb*** that everyone makes him out to be." I was on MSN with Nova at that time (he told me that Bush was on in the first place), and I said that to him... and he just laughed. :P

Soooo yeah. I don't know anything about either way, but if someone could tell me if what Bush had said was smart, I would appreciate it. :)

Awards

what if the whole United States played it like AIG but on a bigger scale? like if the US government just let the economy go to hell, the rest of the world could bail us out. :P i mean if US goes to **** it would effect the rest of the world, so then they can help us.

and then aliens can bail out the world to save the universal economy a little bit after that.

Soooo yeah. I don't know anything about either way, but if someone could tell me if what Bush had said was smart, I would appreciate it. :)

Bush is just reading the cards... nothing more. I believe he has the basic concept of how Economics works, so I think he might understand about 50 percent of he talked about. I mean really, We are talking about George Bush here. ;)

what if the whole United States played it like AIG but on a bigger scale? like if the US government just let the economy go to hell, the rest of the world could bail us out. :P i mean if US goes to **** it would effect the rest of the world, so then they can help us.

and then aliens can bail out the world to save the universal economy a little bit after that.

Well, considering we import most of our goods. I wouldn't think that the other countries would give a ****. Now for the aliens...? They would definatley be are best hope!

I understand he was reading what was wrote; it's called a "teleprompter". lol

What he said, no matter whether or not it was from him or not, was it smart?

Awards

Personally I believe we are ****ed and with a higher tax just to bailout jobs is going to bite us in the butt in the long run.

And by bailing out these Businesses then we are ****ing the little guys.

They basically get screwed over completely and don't receive a dime of that bailout.

Awards

The economy is fine, let get out my checkbook and donate $1,000,000,000,000,000,000 that I don't have.

Exactly ;)

Hey if you donate that much you know what you'll get in return?

The right to vote.

Yay right to vote for more crappy people yay!

Awards

I understand he was reading what was wrote; it's called a "teleprompter". lol

What he said, no matter whether or not it was from him or not, was it smart?

The answer is yes,

In a nut shell, thats exactly the problem... but many economists would argue that we shouldn't intervene. There are many other theories that are around as well. Thats a whole other topic though! LOL

So wait, your the lone person in the US whos property value has stayed the same in this past year. your still payin 2.00 for a gallon of gas. your supermarkets have kept constant prices on all their Items. Everyone is effected. IDK how old you are but if older than 18, you should find that things are getting way out of hand with the economy. someone could have bought a million doller home last year thats only worth 400000 now but still has to pay off the million through loan payments. I could say so much more but as of right now I dont have time. No one should post here saying they are uneffected by the crisis.

1. I don't own a home

2. I walk, don't drive (no car)

3. food stamps

anything you wish to add wiseguy?

Yeah I know, however I'll wait for all the 'What we're doing over there is right' fanboys to catch up.

We've been in trouble for a while now...

Where would we be without our safe, familiar, American bulls**t?

Land of the free,

Home of the brave,

the American Dream,

All Men Are Equal,

Justice is blind,

the Press is Free,

Your Vote Counts

Business is honest,

the Good Guys win,

the Police are on your side,

God is watching you,

You are a Standard of Living (..you will never decline),

And Everything is going to be Juuuust Fine.

=The Official National Bulls**t Story

-George Carlin

----

I believe:

(Caution: Explicit Language)

Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You. Don't.

and that as Americans

(Caution: Explicit Language)

>.O

We've been ****ed for decades. for that matter, centuries. Blatant disregard of the consequences is what got the world into where it is now. Economically, and otherwise.

:/ In all seriousness, the "credit system" is to blame in large for our sh*tty economy. people get credit cards, and go on a buying spree; Houses, cars, and lots of other expensive things that they could in no other way pay for. Once the debt starts the stack up, it's the only non-essential bill that people pay anymore. In turn, they buy all the essentials of living, such as food and drink, on their credit card, making it worse and worse as the weeks go by.

I'm not a huge politically affiliated person; I hate the politics of this nation, personally. The economic condition is just a way of the US' functions saying "F*ck you for f*cking up."