Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI URAHARA 7

OLD SCHOOL KSI

what ever happened to the old KSI. i know some of u out there know what iam talking about divisions hitting 500 in a week leaders who actualy gave a damn about how there divisons were run and there wernt no offices of this and that when you earned a rank it wasnt given it was earned i remember when there were barly any divison leaders or higher over 17 and when every divison fought with each other to see who could recruit more. there was never ny divison under 500. what i think happened is leaders loost their hearts . i miss seeing KSI as a dominant force in gaming and never leting other clans run all over them in numbers. wered the KSI PRIDE go?.

what ever happened to the old KSI. i know some of u out there know what iam talking about divisions hitting 500 in a week leaders who actualy gave a damn about how there divisons were run and there wernt no offices of this and that when you earned a rank it wasnt given it was earned i remember when there were barly any divison leaders or higher over 17 and when every divison fought with each other to see who could recruit more. there was never ny divison under 500. what i think happened is leaders loost their hearts . i miss seeing KSI as a dominant force in gaming and never leting other clans run all over them in numbers. wered the KSI PRIDE g

dont know what to say. but i agree what happen? to those days. i think some old school KSI should make a division and show everyone whats up. and show them that even thow there is hard times u can still work and play and make KSI Back to where it was back it when it frist started and everyone loved it and the other clans hated it:)

I may not be apart of KSI but i agree i miss the days back in 07. where everyone worked and played hard. and trying to get there there division to be the best.

KSI PRIDE no Matter what KSI will be my home:)

dont know what to say. but i agree what happen? to those days. i think some old school KSI should make a division and show everyone whats up. and show them that even thow there is hard times u can still work and play and make KSI Back to where it was back it when it frist started and everyone loved it and the other clans hated it:)

I may not be apart of KSI but i agree i miss the days back in 07. where everyone worked and played hard. and trying to get there there division to be the best.

KSI PRIDE no Matter what KSI will be my home:)

I sat around for 20 minutes waiting for you to post this?

Biggest waste of time. lol

Awards

I sat around for 20 minutes waiting for you to post this?

Biggest waste of time. lol

shut up:) i sat here thinking and i didnt know what to say so i was fighting with ronin :)

I read the topic and my first thought was "Here we go again."

Whatever...

Awards

I've read the "what happened to old school KSI" statement and thread enough times that I can't count them on 2 hands.

Awards

I've read the "what happened to old school KSI" statement and thread enough times that I can't count them on 2 hands.

but u know u love reading them:) maybe one day someone might step up and try to do it? make KSI back how it was?:)

I wouldn't want KSI back to the way it was. We've grown up in a lot of other aspects. Back then I remember seeing people get in fights over the pettiest BS possible. It still happens occasionally but back then it was every day. I know, I was handling a lot of it. Our websites have become 100 times better since "back then" and so has technology for them.

The only things I'd want to increase are member moral, member base, and activities for the members.

Awards

thats basicly what iam talking about moral its something thats been lacking here from what i seen before i sold my box in KSI the old school had problems yes but numbers didnt lie and theres always going to be fighting it happenes everywere

Even if we had all the people (same leaders) that we had back then, it just wouldn't feel the same. That "old school" feel is something that's just there from that time period in KSI. Just like the even older periods of before 2-4 years ago wouldn't be the same if things were like they used to be with those leaders. The best thing we can do is not sit still and try to rekindle something that was once grand. We should be focused on improving what we have. I think I stated the 3 things are there to be improved.

Awards

i agree wut ever happened to recruiting contest that KSI used to have and the division number requirements?

?

Yea would have to agree with Spider this topic has come up like every 6 months. KSI constantly is changing. Ive been around since like halo 2 when the clan wars were bad. I would have to say the website side of KSI is by far the best I have ever seen, The clan side really comes down to leadership. That comes down to ever individual person to make KSI the best and how they want to run things. Numbers arent allays every thing. I remember when divisions were in the thousands so when i hear 500 i still get a little sad. Just do the best you personally can. If your men see you working your butt off they will fallow your example.

Awards

Spider said it best as well as Freedom. KSI changes rapidly as it sees fit growing in this virtual world. In my opinion, don't take this "too" literal, as KSI is only on a gaming console.... But, I think people need to instill in younger members the true integrity KSI had "back then".

Awards

Please refer here before use of the word old school is used in this.

Awards

I wouldn't want KSI back to the way it was. We've grown up in a lot of other aspects. Back then I remember seeing people get in fights over the pettiest BS possible. It still happens occasionally but back then it was every day. I know, I was handling a lot of it. Our websites have become 100 times better since "back then" and so has technology for them.

The only things I'd want to increase are member moral, member base, and activities for the members.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

two main things that changed since then:

1. online gaming was a pretty new thing. everyone was naive enough to join a clan. now KSI is well known, online gamers have knowledge. most of the people who play online are either already in KSI, or know they dont want to be. there isnt speedy jumps of huge numbers because there simply arent that many people left that are interested in joining.

2. H2 integrated clans were easy. u were sent a clan invite and u accepted. changed ur symbol. and then played the damn game. now you have to send friend requests to so and so, change your symbols, change your motto, go here, do this... and thats just to get in. once ur in u have to deal with all the other BS. the rank structure is retarded. the rules are retarded. everything is so complicated to the point where it isnt even about playing a video game anymore.

---------

ok so move on. reminiscing about the good old days isnt going to make things happen. define real problems, brainstorm realistic solutions, then DO IT. as spider said, everyone wants to make a topic with a huge rant generalizing everything... sweeping generalizations like "lets be old school again!" is just stupid. get with the times, live in the now.

im going to throw out an example of a real prompt that contain something actually productive. then you can elaborate on it or voice other issues you have. but from now on, no more retarded generalizations please. define specific things.

~ complicated rank structure causes many problems.

-ranks takes away from playing the damn game.

-chain of command is too long. by the time orders get down to the bottom it is outdated.

-the large amount of ranks towards the bottom of the structure that are easily obtained give false hope. a new person gets a promotion every week for the first like 5 ranks, then hes a general for 3 weeks and gets pissed that it is now taking to long for him to get promoted. this crutch provides short term extrinsic rewards. once it wares off, then it sucks. KSI should care more about internal rewards, like having FUN. people will stick around longer if they have something more than the drive for the next rank.

- there is no real separation in responsibility between many of the ranks, they serve no real purpose anyway... they were created for extrinsic purposes (to appease greedy people who wanted a promotion), and should be abolished.

SOLUTION: cut unnecessary ranks. ranks of extreme similarity in responsibility should be merged. on a social level - do not put so much emphasis on ranks. KSI is about playing the damn game, ranks are just for organization and communication purposes.

see how that works? define a problem. define the causes. define a solution. then prepare yourself for criticism. there are so many people here, use the forums to bounce ideas of off each other. shoot holes into everything until it is strong enough to be put to use. then implement your solution.

if you dont have something specific, then STFU. no one wants to hear you rant about nothing.

I'm not where near old school, but people always say KSI was more active with tourneys and battles back then. That'd be sweet to have that more often now, but there's that Department Sylexiel runs now that will get things rolling.

Awards

your problem re-worded:

members arent playing the damn game enough. things are more fun when you get a bunch of people together and play. encourage playing and spending fun times with teammates / friends / clanmates. also, a little competition doesnt hurt. how would anyone get better without a strong rival? solution: use tournaments as a platform to get people together, play games, and have fun. result: higher morale.

hip hip horray!

Yea the best thing to do is just play and play and play. I was really big into my rank on my account so what i did I made 2 accounts and i played with every one. I was never the kinda person to just bs in a lobby. Go play find new ppl and show how much fun you can be.

Awards

I think we are seeing a pattern here?

Awards

Read all the bold underlined words.

-the large amount of ranks towards the bottom of the structure that are easily obtained give false hope. a new person gets a promotion every week for the first like 5 ranks, then hes a general for 3 weeks and gets pissed that it is now taking to long for him to get promoted. this crutch provides short term extrinsic rewards. once it wares off, then it sucks. KSI should care more about internal rewards, like having FUN. people will stick around longer if they have something more than the drive for the next rank.

your problem re-worded:

members arent playing the damn game enough. things are more fun when you get a bunch of people together and play. encourage playing and spending fun times with teammates / friends / clanmates. also, a little competition doesnt hurt. how would anyone get better without a strong rival? solution: use tournaments as a platform to get people together, play games, and have fun. result: higher morale.

hip hip horray!

Yea the best thing to do is just play and play and play. I was really big into my rank on my account so what i did I made 2 accounts and i played with every one. I was never the kinda person to just bs in a lobby. Go play find new ppl and show how much fun you can be.

Awards