Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI ViceCaptain

Team Killing (Dev vs Gamers)

Specifically CoD...  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a growing topic and really needs to have more spotlight (especially for gaming communities)

In my opinion its the gamer's fault for the reason in the poll.

p.s.

players are representing ALL of their gamertag

I voted the gamers. Various reasoning and in all of them it comes down to the gamer's fault. There's intentional team killing in which it's a thought out and planned kill. There's accidental in which you fire your weapon and a teammate runs in front of your shot. There's team grenade kills in which you don't pay attention or don't know the whereabouts of your teammates. Air strike team kills take the same fault of grenade kills.

In all of these scenarios except for the intentional team kill, the player refuses to regard their teammates being nearby or in the blast vicinity. In any real situation you would have drastic consequences for team killing or being reckless. Gladly, in video games usually you either have to start over, get booted from an online match, lose a few points, or take the damage yourself (some examples).

The developers strive for realism and in many cases get close, but ultimately it's the gamer's responsibility to be cautious about team killing and know where their teammates are at all times.

Now having said that, when I team kill, I say that I'm sorry because I'm not a military man and I'm not perfect. I never intentionally team kill. But if I get team killed and somebody did it on purpose (and I know) then I will shoot back because this is after all a game (referring to CoD4) and the most that'll happen is I lose 10 points.

Awards

I think it is the gamers fault. The developers didn't create the option solely for the purpose of intentional team killing. Accidental team killing doesn't bother me, but some people simply take advantage of it. I don't really understand the entertainment purpose in joining a game only to team kill. I guess that is what makes kids happy.

It's the fault of the game developers. Gamers take advantage of everything programed into the game, it's just like people deranking in halo 2, there's no real reason to do it, but it is part of the game, and if using things programed as part of the game, no matter how unpopular it is, they are justified to do it

the people tht teamkill and who dissconnect are the people tht make games just no fun.every time i play madden and im near winning the other player always disconnects which just make me not want to play at all. but i no theres players out there who respect their teammates whoever they are and dont quit bc of whatever reason im one of those people and i hope tht all of u are too.

gamers definitely if their wasn't any team killing i think the game would be way worse than it already is lulz.

team killing is fun too