• Website URL
    N/A
  • Discord
    KSI New Blue#5555
  • Kik
    N/A

Recent Profile Visitors

1,124 profile views
  1. Written by KSI Hitman00 Edited by KSI New Blue A Division inside of any community is only as strong as its leadership at the Squad levels. The job comes with a lot of stress, patience, determination, and grit. These are qualities all found in the squads in this community, not just Fallen Angels’. I sat down with two of the newest rising leaders of this Division in order to get their perspective on what it takes to be a leader and what kind of style they bring to the table. They both gave refreshing perspectives on what it means to be a leader and what it takes to get there. KSI New Blue Is the General of Hades. He has a reputation of being a leader who breaks away from the status quo and maintains an excellent relationship with his members. He has been back in KSI Clan Operations for only three months now after a brief hiatus to Web Operations but already has made his mark in squad and divisional operations with the most meteoric rise to the General rank I have seen in my five years in Community Operations. Thanks for sitting down with me. What advice would you give to someone who is looking to make a move into a Major or General spot? Blue: Never give up! No matter how many times you get angry, set back, or let down, DO NOT give up. You never know when your lucky break will be. Take it from me. Don’t be the quitter! Be the one who always gets back up and fights. This position obviously maintains a lot of stress as you are in charge of anywhere between 40 and 60 members. What advice would you give when it comes to handling that stress? Blue: Lean on those you respect. Showing weakness to your higher ups might seem like an awful idea. It sounds scary and embarrassing, but really it’s showing how courageous you are. Get help when you need it. The Div staff is always there to assist you whenever you need it. Regarding leadership styles, we know there are multiple. In your opinion which leadership style seems to be the most successful in this community? Blue: I think members respond really well to people that they can game and have fun with, as simple as it sounds. Everybody loves the people they can stay up till 1 am laughing their butts off with. Most importantly, make your members feel at home. If you don’t see them for a few days, ask how they’re doing! I think it’s that simple. Next, I interviewed WarMaster, Newly promoted Major of Rapture. He has been in KSI for about 6 months now and has a reputation as one of the fairest leaders in Squad Operations. Thank you for your time. What advice would you give to someone who is looking to make a move into a Major or General spot? WarMaster: Alright, well I guess a big thing is building confidence in yourself and your abilities. If people have eyes on you for Major, or even if they don’t, grow in confidence that you have something important and valuable to give to better help your squad. Another thing would be to keep your motives and priorities straight so you can steer clear of going for Major only for the position but to go for Major so that you can better help your squadmates and the experience of KSI for normal members. This position obviously maintains a lot of stress as you are in charge of anywhere between 40 and 60 members. What advice would you give when it comes to handling that stress? WarMaster: It depends on what is causing the stress. A lot of times it’s from being overwhelmed with decisions and work for the squad, but the best way to help with that is to always ask for guidance and help from others. As Major, you have a General and Co Founder right above you who were in your position not too long ago. They are there to help you and can help you make decisions and help with the workload if need be. Also, just having your officer core help where needed to take some pressure off of you. Regarding leadership styles, we know there are multiple. In your opinion which leadership style seems to be the most successful in this community? WarMaster: To me, the most valuable asset is making connections and gaining assets. Basically, just making friends and connections so that you always have people to help you out in times of need for various things. And, it makes things easier and less stressful when dealing with other leaders in the community when you at least remotely know each other rather than knowing *of* each other. Also, one thing that is taught in Officer 101 that is very valuable, is [that] to be a good leader you need to be a good follower. Basically, just being able to understand and follow the leaders above you to set an example for the members and officers below you. Being a leader in this community is worth so much more than just a rank behind your name. It’s knowing that you have people who look up to you to make decisions on a day-to-day basis as well as molding and guiding the future of this community. These two leaders hold in their hands the key to the future of the community and the division itself. Your job as a leader in this community is to shape the future of the community and these two guys are doing a very excellent job with it. I look forward to seeing the future of Fallen Angels and it’s all because of the leadership and guidance of leaders like New Blue and WarMaster. Until next time, long live FA and long live KSI.
  2. The dust has settled for KSI and now it’s time to build! The KSI Board has elected two new members into their ranks. Congratulations to KSI Nex Addo and KSI_Obsidian_7! Nex Addo first joined KSI in 2009 into KGB Division. He’s currently the Wiki Team Lead and News Team Lead. He was inducted into the KSI Hall of Fame in 2017. Obsidian_7 first joined KSI in 2005 into Lost Empire. He’s currently a Co-Founder in Atlantis Rising, the PS4 Division. He’s also in the Education Department and Wiki Team. What do you want to say to the members of KSI who may not know you two that well? I'm sure some people are asking, "Who are these people?” Nex Addo: I want the members to know I'm not just an old relic sitting on the shelf who comes back when they want but a member like themselves in this community. I take what I do seriously for them and I want them to be open, critical, and understanding when they reach out to or however they feel. I'm here for them to hear them out and assist them. I've been doing this for a long while and I've had my failures and my successes and I want people to learn from mine and grow on their own. KSI is doing this together! Obsidian_7: Like Nex Addo I want members to understand that we are here for them. We want to hear and engage in healthy debates that will help us, the board, understand what the community needs in order to keep on striving forward. I have been in this community, this home, since 2005 and we all want the same thing, a safe place to game, learn and teach. My door is always open to those who need to be heard and I will always have the time to listen to what the needs are for the community. I take great pride in every aspect of my life and KSI is no different. As long as we continue to work together, grow and learn KSI will be here to stay. What exactly do you two bring to a Board in 2020? Both of you only returned to active roles this year after a lengthy retirement. Nex Addo: In my opinion, I bring quite a lot.. During my retirement and before it I held different titles but I was the Program Director of a LGBTQ Group in the city. I've also been studying more Public Relations topics and studying in a noncollege aspect. I've done quite a bit, I would say, in my time off. But, my return didn't come without concerns and long conversations Obsidian_7: As for myself, what I believe I can bring to the table is just a few different things. The board as it stands has many talented leaders with different leadership skills and it is vital that when they elect new members they have something different to offer. Before my retirement I was the division leader of LE and that experience in itself, though it was not my first time being a division leader, taught me a lot and how to be more grounded. Coming back to KSI and working my way back up the ranks instead of asking or demanding rank has given me the opportunity to see what is actually happening currently in the community. Something I believe the board recognized and considered when nominating me to be on the board. With nearly 800 people recruited this year so far, it's safe to say KSI is experiencing some pretty crazy growth. What do you think brought this success and how can we keep the momentum? Nex Addo: The fact of the matter is we are here because of the efforts of every member who is here. Even the ones who do not recruit. We must understand the reason we are here is because of their effort. The reason for this growth boom we will call it is only recent and a common history for KSI. The numbers mean a lot when it comes to the effort of recruiting but the effort of maintaining is where it's at. Can we keep these numbers and limit fluff to less than 1 percent is the real task. Which will mean events planned by our leaders. Obsidian_7: The amount of growth we have been experiencing especially recently is due to everyone really working together and understanding a common goal for this community. With the right leaders in the right place being directed by upper leadership things tend to fall in place really. Recruitment is just only one part of making this growth a successful growth. Maintaining a high retention rate is just as important. Especially if we want to see more events or tournaments for our members. Which leader of the newer generation has earned your respect? Where do you feel they exceed expectations? Nex Addo: KSI_Ronald7 has really earned my respect and I see him doing big things! He’s a good tempered and thoughtful leader. I can not wait to see what he brings to the table. Obsidian_7: I am going to have to say KSI_Kimber 7. That guy has worked hard to get where he is at now. He took charge of Awoken when his old squad leaders left and he kept at it till Awoken split. He is able to take constructive criticism and adapt his leadership style to fit any situation. With him being promoted to founder very recently it won't be long till we see him bringing a bigger impact to AR and the community! Would you give us a sneak peek into what you two hope to achieve for KSI while serving? Nex Addo: A sneak peek? Ok well, honestly I'm looking to help bridge some communication between Web and Clan Operations. While it's not obvious we could better our talks and that's no one in particular fault but it is something us leaders, including myself as News Lead, need to address sooner than later. I also want to help get Web Ops to talk more amongst ourselves. I believe that communication is key to ALL OF KSI success. My other plans are to start working on promoting events and assisting the teams that are involved need to create clan-wide events.I also have to agree with Obsidian on helping us address arcane rules and guidelines. Obsidian_7: Well for myself there are a lot of things I would like to achieve with my time on the board. The most important one for me is being a voice for everyone in the community. Share their thoughts and opinions with the board and bring up their proposals. Though there are other things I'd like to do as well personally, like focusing on changing some old bylaws and introducing new helpful policies or things of the sort. KSI is moving forward in a very positive way and all I'd like to do is help keep that momentum going.
  3. New Blue

The sun is setting

The suns getting real low for these forums... go ahead and add me on discord before times up! KSI New Blue#5555
  4. New Blue

Meet a Board Member: KSI Copper 7

Additions and subtractions: The words the KSI Board has been all too familiar with in the past month. The fact is, KSI could learn much more about each member of the board. That’s exactly what this article series will be about: Interviewing each board member to learn about their plans, their self, and thoughts. With each article, we hope to shine some light on exactly who these people are. Allowing each member of KSI to make their own feelings. Our next interview will be with KSI Copper 7! *** KSI New Blue: Copper, tell us about when you first joined KSI. KSI Copper 7: When I joined KSI there were like 160 people in here and they were doing WW2. It was fun. Biddulph and Migraine told me and the wife that being in KSI is all about having fun and just gaming. So I thought, right on! So we started at the bottom of the ranks and I was just having fun until I got introduced to KSI robfink26 and KSI THYMINE 7. They taught me about what all the officers did and can do. KSI New Blue: Can you talk about your time going up the ranks? KSI Copper 7: I started in Rapture. We only had a few officers in the squad, but when they hosted a Gamenight, they killed it. When it came to ranking up, I busted my butt to help out the squad. I had fun recruiting people into KSI. When I was a Sergeant, I was hosting game nights just to get a lot of people into game nights. As many people jumped me, I just worked that much harder to prove I'm here to help the squad grow. About a year and a few months I was running a squad, and it was Rapture. Being a Co-Founder is just like being a General but with a twist. The only difference is being over two squads. I was over Rapture and Redemption. But being a CoFo, you have to learn to step back and look at what's going on in the squads. I knew rapture was in good hands but I was still helping out the squad. Redemption had its ups and downs. After a while, we started getting into it and started picking the squad back up. Founder: Now that’s where I had to learn to not just focus on two squads but six. I also needed to figure out what squads were doing good and what squads needs the help while talking to the Division Leader and Co-Founders too figure out what we could do to start changing stuff too help the squads. No matter what, the way I looked at stuff, you look at what worked and what failed and try to change to put a twist on stuff. Also, see where it would peak too the members. KSI New Blue: What position do you hold on the Board? How did you get there? KSI Copper 7: I hold an FA Leader’s seat on the board. I had to do an interview with a few of the board members to make sure I was ready to hold a seat. KSI New Blue: What makes your perspective on KSI unique from the other Board Members? KSI Copper 7: Well each board member has their own thing to do, from the owners all the way to board reps. With the seat I hold, I have a chance to get a few things changed on the FA side (If it can get passed). And like I told the board members, I am here for KSI and trying to make it better for the members. KSI New Blue: What issues does KSI face today? How can you and the board make sure they get resolved? KSI Copper 7: The problems I see in KSI are depending on the squad. Some are recruiting and some are finding officers. But as for the Board, I can’t speak for all of them. All I can say is that when it comes to both sides of it, we go over everything and we talk about what action we need to take to help everyone. KSI New Blue: What are your dreams for KSI? Where do you hope to see us in 6 months? KSI Copper 7: My dream for KSI is to have it grow and for people to just have fun at what they love to do; that’s gaming. I am hoping in 6 months to be at least getting ready for a div split or be sitting in a good spot to be talking about it. For KSI as a whole, I’m hoping we can get some new things going with cross-platform battles and maybe Crowns on a few games.
  5. Your about me is pretty interesting dude! what are you up to nowadays?

6. New Blue

Count to 100

7. New Blue

Member Spotlight: BlazZze 7

You may not notice him, but he’s there. KSI BlazZze 7, or just Blasé, is a recipient of the News Staff of The Year Award, twice, labeled Most Outstanding, and received the Outstanding Service Award! With over 20,000 forums profile views and 1,300+ posts, he was certainly a celebrity in his time. With his most recent retirement beginning in April 2019, he now lives the simple “Community Area” life. KSI New Blue: So, BlazZze, tell me about when you first joined KSI. KSI BlazZze 7: I was always fond of "clans" but KSI was my first formal gaming organization. Coming into something so established and big was daunting, but at the same time, it was very exciting! Luckily, I was able to be friends with good leaders such as Spazbit and Lucky Poi who helped to guide my good intentions in the right direction. KSI New Blue: Who have been your favorite people to work with over the years? KSI BlazZze 7: KSI Spazbit> A blast to work with to rebuild LE. With the rapid growth within the division, she was able to provide structure. KSI Game> Amazing dude. When I came back, I had the honor of helping to rebuild the news team for him. He was always open when it came to the bettering of KSI and always came with an open mind. KSI Anatomy> I mean, I don't think the news team could've been as well structured back in the day if it wasn't for his help. I had a blast at the same time even when the team was just made up of me, Anatomy, and Lolo. KSI New Blue: What is your proudest moment or achievement in KSI? KSI BlazZze 7: Helping to rebuild LE from falling apart, to a fully fledged flagship division. KSI New Blue: Is there anything you wish you could have done differently? KSI BlazZze 7: If anything, I wish I got more heavily involved with web ops when I first joined. I did participate with web ops at that time, but I wasn’t as heavily involved as I wish I was. KSI New Blue: How would you describe your time in KSI with only 3 words? KSI BlazZze 7: Exciting, enlightening, and inspirational. KSI New Blue: You're a pretty quiet guy nowadays. Will we see you come out of retirement anytime soon? KSI BlazZze 7: Haha, good question! More than likely not. My clan ops days are over (for the foreseeable future). I enjoy video editing and writing in my free time but I don't plan to make a return to web ops. So, that’s Blasé’s thoughts on Blasé, but what do his ex-peers think of him? I asked Nex Addo and Miss LoLo what they had to say. Miss LoLo: He's always been thorough and encouraging. We had great team cohesion under his guidance, and the quality standards were really high, which propelled the team to learn and improve. I recall the banter between him and Anatomy was pretty funny! His temperament definitely sets him apart. He is good-natured and rarely got worked up about something. He kept us on task while still keeping good humor. He led the most active and highest quality news team since the days of Ch1ef running it. Nex Addo: He's quirky, odd, and funny, though his leadership makes himself equal. He’s constantly checking on his team. The fact that everyone including him is on the same goal is what makes him different. Besides the title, he's not more important than anyone else. Thanks for taking the time to learn more about a member of the community you may not have known! Do you have a member in mind you want to know more about? Feel free to send me a message on discord at KSI New Blue#5555! Thanks to BlazZze, Miss LoLo and Nex Addo for their parts in this article. See you next time on Member Spotlight!
  8. New Blue

The Everyday Heroes of KSI

Many members in this community put on a uniform, and go to work not knowing whether or not they may come home that day. From police, fire, and EMS, each first responder faces many challenges related to the career. Although a lot of these challenges happen on the clock, most still continue after the sirens are gone. The challenges that most first responders encounter on the job teach them skills that translate into other parts of their lives, such as KSI. First responders are often seen as heroes, in reality, they’re just your normal everyday people. We put our clothes on and go to work every day just like anyone else. The only difference is the job that first responders do, they run into situations that most people would run from. From shootings, cardiac arrest, structure fire, or a simple head injury first responders see a lot on a daily basis. The traumatic calls, the tough times create a bond between first responders that often isn’t seen in other careers. There are times that first responders have to lean on each other because nobody else can understand. Through the good times and the bad, we love our job and wouldn’t want to do anything else. First responders wake up and go to work for the one thing, we like to help other people on their hardest days. Let’s meet, and listen to some of the experiences of a few of our first responders within KSI. KSI xTITANx 7-FA Co-Founder (Firefighter) What drove you to be a first responder? "Growing up I watched fire trucks pass by my mom's office, a kid I went to preschool with, her dad was a captain for the local fire department and getting to see the truck when he would come by. Then when I got older, a massive grass fire threatened the community I lived in to the point we almost had to be evacuated. I wanted to go through the academy provided by my local community college but I got scared by the difficulty of the EMT course and didn’t follow through. Fast forward about a decade and what really drove me to become a firefighter was after my brother's suicide. I decided I wanted to follow my dream of becoming a firefighter but still wanted to stay in the job I had. A friend of mine just so happened to be a volunteer firefighter and invited me to come out to a training night and check it out. I filled out my application and the rest is history. Almost 4 years later I’m still a firefighter with the same fire department, and I can’t imagine my life without it. The friends I’ve made, the bonds of brotherhood I’ve made, becoming baptized by fire, the lives I’ve touched because of this job. It’s a life I wouldn’t ever change." What is one thing you’ve learned while being a firefighter? "Pride. Taking pride in my work. Taking pride in my apparatus. Making sure they are clean and ready to go. To show our citizens that their trust in us is not misplaced. By taking pride in how we treat and care for our citizens as if they were our own family." KSI Fire728-Valkyrie LT (Firefighter) What drove you to be a first responder? “I’ve always wanted to be a firefighter/first responder since I was a kid. My father, uncle (mom's side) and grandfather did it. My uncle was the only one to make a career out of it and is now I believe a captain or chief. My grandfather and father, like me, were volunteers for a dept when they were younger. My mother was an EMT for a while before she changed career paths. So growing up in a family like that you get drawn towards it. I also just like the feeling of helping people. The feeling of an adrenaline rush when a house is on fire and you get called to put it out. Being a first responder, especially a volunteer, because you don't get paid for it is an experience because you risk your life every time you choose to go to a call. Yes as a volunteer you can choose what calls you go to but I like to go to as many as I can. Its really an eye awakening thing and makes you appreciate life even more because you see what can happen to you or someone you care about. At the end of the day, I love it. I love what I do. I love the man I became because of it. I don't wish what I see upon anybody. I've been fortunate that I haven't seen any fatalities yet. As much as I don't want someone to pass away I know that day will eventually come and nobody is ever prepared for it. Everyone reacts and handles the situation differently.” KSI Gordon-Hades SGT (Firefighter) Is there any particular lesson or trait you’ve learned as a first responder that has helped you in KSI? “Some traits from being a first responder that has helped me in KSI is being level headed and always trying to help people out whenever I can.” What drove you to be a first responder? “Well, what drove me to be a first responder is the stories that my dad and uncle would tell me as a kid. My dad was a chief in the same department I and my brother are both in today. Guess you can say it’s sort of a family thing.” From a first responder, the news team, and all of KSI, we’d like to thank all of our heroes for everything they do! Written by: KSI x Maze, Contributor Edited by: KSI New Blue
  9. New Blue

Count to 100

10. New Blue

KSIThePunisher

This February KSI lost a great member. KSIThePunisher, rest in peace. “You never know what you have, until you lose it.” It is the sentiment that controlled the mood of Tuesday’s memorial meeting and game nights, with nearly a hundred attendees total. “He was a kind, nice, funny, loving, young man. It was last weekend we got married and began our lives together. He would always make sure that everyone I mean everyone else was happy before he took care of his own needs and wants, I witnessed him give multiple homeless people about $500 each so they could go get food, new clothes and whatever else they wanted. He honestly loved playing with you guys whenever he could. He made time to be around you guys, but he loved the outdoors.” -His Wife Victoria “He was playing D2 on pc for a short period, and he woke me up like 2 am (I am 6 hours ahead of est) to show me that the recluse had no recoil on pc it was so hilarious. He was so stoked about it and I was so tired, but in the end, we got a good laugh, and I’m happy we did. I’m gonna miss him. I think we all will.” -KSI_Cree “He was very important to me... When I first joined KSI I did not talk to anyone. He pulled me aside and talked to me about KSI and what it meant to be a part of KSI. He also started inviting me to game nights and introducing me to members. He taught me all about BO4 and the different weapons I knew nothing about. As we spent more time getting to know each other, he started teaching about the roles in KSI and how to rank up. He saw the potential I had as a leader and pushed me to rank up. He really meant a lot to me and I'm truly sorry he is gone.” -KSI Kush “Well, one of my favorites was when one time I was doing a Pit of Heresy run and it was before any of us figured out how to do any of it, so we kept jumping from symbol cave to symbol cave to find the right enemies and after 2 hours we pulled it off. then we got to the witches step and as much as we wanted to be serious about it, we kept knocking each other off, by accident at first, and then on purpose because by that point we were all crying from laughter because we didn’t know you could do that. and then when we finally finished that part, we got to the ogre caves, and at the worst time, we would block the shortcuts into caves to get each other killed because that got us laughing so hysterically I think at least 2 of us peed a little bit. Then we got serious, figured out the way through, got to the knight boss, and we were him down to one shot, and to finish it he and the other guy shot rockets at him but before they could hit I tweeted my body with a thunder crash and killed the boss and myself in an electrical blaze of glory, and all started laughing to tears again. it's one of my favorite memories of playing and hanging out with him, and I feel it shows just how happy and humorous he was.”-KSI_Zangestu Even though I personally only spoke to him once, he still sent me a DM every couple of months, only to ask how I was doing, or what I was up to. It was certain, through his words and actions, that he cared greatly about the community and its members. Although he’s gone, he will never be forgotten. “It is not the length of life, but the depth of life.” -Ralph Waldo Emmerson
  11. New Blue

Count to 100

12. New Blue

Video Games for 2020

In 2019 we were given a wide variety of blockbuster titles of video games. We got Ace Combat 7, The Outer Worlds, The Division 2, and many more. At E3 and many other expos games were announced as well as delays from 2019 to 2020. As we get close to 2020 let us take a gander at the games coming out and some details. Watch Dogs: Legion (XBOX 1, PS4, PC) - March 20th Near future London has turned into a hackers nightmare after a group who utilized control of London via the CToS system. Its now time for the hacktivist group Dedsec to free the citizens and by doing this it will be YOUR job to gather a resistance. This video game will feature the ability to control other characters which can be lost permanently through various methods forcing the player to play as someone else. Don’t forget not everyone is a fan of Dedsec and will support your enemies. Gather the resistance and free London! Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - March 20th Grab your bags and hop on the plane as you continue your next adventure with your animal neighbors in the new game brought to you by Nintendo. The long-awaited casual sim for the series is finally out. Fish, hunt bugs, plant flowers, decorate your space, and much more! Up to 18 players can play at once on one person’s island. So grab that switch get your tickets! Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4, XBOX 1, Stadia, PC) - April 16th Imagine corporations deciding and controlling laws created in the country and state now place your self in futuristic California. You play as, V a mercenary whose looking to make a name for themself in Night City. A robust character making and decisions you make in the game will affect the grand scheme of things. Martin Blacha, CD Projekt Red’s plot director, spoke to ‘Inn: Poland’ which was later translated via VGC, “From a creator’s perspective, Cyberpunk 2077 is a story about heroes in opposition to the world, and that world itself is one of the heroes as well.” It is also to be said that the game contains multiple volumes of dialogue. Microsoft Flight Simulator (XBOX 1, PC) - In the Year 2020 Its time to explore petabytes of information and make a flight, show yourself the world. Expect thousands of different airports, flowing waters, roaming landscapes, and much more as you plot yourself flight plans. Weather will also be a factor for example at E3 it was said that if it was raining in real life you will also get to experience that in the game itself. Halo Infinite (XBOX) - Holiday 2020 Master Chief is back! The game sets with our favorite protagonist right after Halo 5 outside of that we do NOT know much about the plot but were given a teaser trailer at E3 2018. Keep your ears to the ground and your eyes on the web as more information will be released the sooner we get closer to the release date. Written by Nex Addo, Senior Writer
  13. New Blue

A Year In the Life of KSI 2019

As we approach 2020, it would only be natural to reflect on our 2019. Oh, what a roller coaster we’ve had this year. We’ve cried tears of sadness and joy. We split squads, merged squads, split a division, and merged a division. Our gains and losses have given KSI one of its most dynamic years ever. At the very start of the year, KSI JT 7 and KSI Kered 7 inducted 3 outstanding leaders into the KSI Hall of Fame. Congratulations to KSI Chaoticz 7, KSI_Johnson_7, and KSI POSEIDON 7! Additionally, starting the year, the PS4 division Fatal Genesis, the longest lasting division at the time, split to create Infinite Reality under the leadership of KSI Rivers 7, KSI_Johnson_7, KSI POSEIDON 7, and KSI Icespot 7 on January 26th. Consequently, KSI_Johnson_7 was promoted to Director of both divisions. At the end of the month, KSI POSEIDON 7 was promoted to the Director of Education in KSI. “With Poseidon, I think we’ve found a person that can elevate education to the point that hasn’t been done before.” -KSI Kered 7 The same day, KSI Heroiism 7 was promoted to the Founder of Fallen Angels. Near the beginning of February, the 3 Divisional Representatives to the Board of Leaders were elected. KSI xREDDOGx for Fallen Angels, KSI 7th Seraph for Infinite Reality, and KSI-DRAMAMAMA-7 for Fatal Genesis. On February 11th, the community was hit with a huge announcement. KSI Kered 7 would be retiring as Executive Director of KSI come May. In his article, Kered let us know that he would be nominating KSI Elderpoot 7 as his successor. At the end of February, KSI Heroiism 7 was promoted to Division Leader by KSI Elderpoot 7. Early March, brought some needed change to the Fallen Angels’ leadership. KSI BIG JOHN 7 was moved to Founder of FA, and KSI Chaoticz 7 was promoted to Co-Founder over Valkyrie and Judgement. On March 9th, KSI_Johnson_7 was promoted from Director to Senior Director by KSI Kered 7 and KSI Elderpoot 7. “Johnson has been an integral part of the KSI team, and I couldn’t be more proud of his, and all of KSI’s growth and performance over the past year.” -KSI Elderpoot 7 KSI Icespot 7 took Johnson’s previous spot as Director over the PS4 Divisions. Unfortunately for the entire community, on April 1st, KSI Elderpoot 7 let everyone know that he would have to step down from his position as Operations Director due to the overbearing workload he had been enduring. He planned on having KSI Koda 7 step in at the end of the month. After around 8 hours, Elder let us know that it was only an April Fools joke and that he would be staying Operations Director for the foreseeable future. Thank God. On a much more serious note, April 25th brought us heartbreaking news. KSI Atlantis 7 had passed away. Atlantis was a Co-Founder in Fatal Genesis and was involved in AAP, Internal Affairs, and Education. “He exemplified the qualities we look for in a KSI member. The time and effort he has put into this community will echo for years along with our memories of him.” -KSI Kered 7 The next day, KSI JT 7 and KSI Kered 7 inducted Atlantis into the KSI Hall of Fame, the highest achievable honor in KSI. Atlantis also became Member of The Month April and had Fatal Genesis re-named Atlantis Rising in his honor. At the tail end of April, KSI-DRAMAMAMA-7 was moved to Founder of Atlantis Rising Mid-May, KSI Icespot 7 made the announcement that Infinite Reality would be Merging into Atlantis Rising. IR Exitum and Imperium would be merging into Integritas. The Div Staff moving forward would be KSI Rivers 7, KSI 7th Seraph, KSI-DRAMAMAMA-7, and KSI POSEIDON 7. May 23rd, the Director of Education, KSI POSEIDON 7, stepped down from his position to put his full focus on Clan Ops. That left a hole that KSI Viktory 7 was fully prepared to jump into. Also on the 23rd, KSI Icespot 7 was promoted to Senior Director. “Icespot represents all the qualities we look for in senior leadership, and then some. He has the full trust and faith of JT, Poot, and myself in carrying out the duties and responsibilities required of a Senior Director.” -KSI Kered 7 3 days later, KSI Kered 7 announced that KSI Elderpoot 7 was promoted to Executive Director of KSI. “I can say with full conviction that Poot Poot is the right guy to lead y’all to realize the potential taking advantage of the tools available.” On May 31st, KSI Elderpoot 7 made his first announcement as Executive Director. KSI Icespot 7 would be moving up to become Operations Director of KSI. “We look forward to working with Icespot over the coming months to elevate KSI into the gaming community that will be the envy of the community world.”- KSI Elderpoot 7 So, another month goes by and Fallen Angels’ Rapture squad officially split into Azrael under the leadership of KSI Ares 70, KSI xXLEGIONXx, and KSI MamaTwirly. This split moved KSI Copper 7 to Founder of Fallen Angels and KSI Ares 70 to Co-Founder of both squads. Come September, Web Ops had been on the backburner for months. With the only active team somewhat being Events, it was time to choose a new Director of Web Operations. When KSI Elderpoot 7 brought KSI Heroiism 7 to The Board, Heroiism was unanimously voted the Director of Web Operations. On September 22nd, the Chief Justice, KSI Crusader 7, announced that after an entire decade of service, he would be stepping down and retiring. “Continue to work hard and make this community the best it could be. Put aside differences and come together to work hard and achieve the same goal every leader in KSI strives to be.”-KSI Crusader 7 Seemingly out of nowhere, on October 13th, KSI Elderpoot 7 released the KSI Handbook. The Handbook covers dozens of topics ranging from the Recruitment Process to revoking a “7”. At the very end of October, KSI Icespot 7 announced that Atlantis Rising would see the promotion of two fantastic leaders. KSI Viktory 7 was moved to Division Leader and KSI 7th Seraph moved to Founder. Thanks to the leadership of KSI xLucifer, KSI x Maze, and KSI x Falcons, The Fallen Angels watched Leviathan split into Hades, bringing FA to 6 squads on November 20th. A month later, December 20th, the Head Hunters overhaul began. The K7 League is here! KSI CH3DDAR, the AAP Team Lead, gave us an early Christmas present on December 23rd: AAP Awards would be officially opening on Discord! After over 350 graphics, 200 live streams, 1600 recruitments, 25 articles, 1500 Game Nights, and countless memories, nobody can deny that this year has been amazing! Happy New Year, KSI! Written by: KSI New Blue, Senior Writer
  14. New Blue

12 Days of KSI 2019

In 2018, Chaoticz 7 wrote a beautiful article asking 12 members what KSI meant to them. This year, he told me that he would write it again. Then, in classic Chaoticz fashion, he let me know that he was just messing with me and that I’d have to write it. Thank you Chaoticz -_-. With that, here’s your 12 Days of KSI 2019! What does it mean to be a KSI member and what is your favorite memory/part of KSI? On the first day of Christmas, KSI Elderpoot 7 said to me: For me being a KSI member means being part of a community of friends where you always have somebody play or talk with. My favorite memory in KSI is a group of memories from back on Halo 2. The long nights of sitting in a lobby just talking and hanging out with friends for hours and hours. And on occasion, starting up the game on Containment and driving around in warthogs having fun. Those nights of fun with friends were unforgettable, and KSI as a whole changed the course of my life! -KSI Elderpoot 7, Executive Director On the second day of Christmas KSI Cresit said to me: To me being a member is being a part of a great big family. I love everyone in KSI as a bro and sis, and I've been treated the same. It's great meeting different people from around the world and having a laugh. I can't actually pick one favorite moment there’s too many. I've had a great time with a variety, but if I could narrow it down I loved it when I was in Judgment and we'd jump on bo4 for some custom blackout but it wouldn't just be a normal game. We'd do different things, like vehicles only, and we'd all have a laugh trying to hit everyone. There was no drama it was just us in the game, having a good time, of course, there are other moments but that's the first thing that comes to my mind! -KSI Cresit (B-SSGT) On the third day of Christmas KSI xMaze said to me: To me what it means to be a KSI member is that I’m part of a team or a community of people with similar interests. It means that you always have someone online to play with or talk to no matter the time of day. KSI is essentially just a big family and we are always there for one another. My favorite part of KSI is just the big family aspect. I’ve been in KSI for nearly a year and when I first joined I didn’t expect much out of it. I thought it was just gonna be a group of random people that all they did was play Xbox. I quickly learned that I was wrong, and many of the people I’ve met through KSI are close friends of mine. No matter what happens, I know that I’ll always have someone to talk to and lean on. -KSI xMaze, Graphics Lead, Events Team (H-MAJ) On the fourth day of Christmas KSI JACOBKILLER said to me: I am glad to be apart of the best community and to support this community! My favorite memories are when we get teams together and destroy randoms. -KSI JACOBKILLER (R-LT) On the fifth day of Christmas XxT3DdYTGODXOxX said to me: For me, being a KSI member means to be a helpful and caring person. What it means to me is to be there for your squad. Talking to them, sharing games with them, maybe financially aiding them. I’m always there for my squad. 25/8 thru thicc and thin all always be there to aid anyone. My favorite memory was very recent. It was becoming Major of AR Olympia. It really let me do what I feel Olympia was capable to do. -XxT3DdYTGODXOxX (O-MJR) On the sixth day of Christmas KSI xLucifer said to me: To me, being a member of KSI is about being apart of an extended family. Its a chance to meet new people from all over, and get to know them. There are people in the community who have been there for me when I needed them and I have been there for others here. Some of my favorite times in KSI is a hard question, there’s been so many. It would probably be before deploying, playing prop hunt on bo4 with Leviathan and KSI xTITANx 7. Our team would be hiding, and KSI xTyrone would do everything he can to bring the hunters to me. Or playing as manikins on nuke town and not worrying about winning, we just tried to mess with the hunters as much as possible. We did this for hours as a squad, almost every day before I left home. -KSI xLucifer, Graphics Team, FA Co-Founder On the seventh day of Christmas KSI Icespot 7 said to me: What does it mean to me? It means family. Cliché, I know, but it's the honest truth. I come across people all the time who talk about the amazing friends they've made in our community. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about. The people you meet and the experiences you have - that's what it means to be in KSI. Favorite memory? No one specific moment, but the late night sessions with my friends where we're laughing so hard we can't even play the game. That's what I love. -KSI Icespot 7, Operations Director On the eighth day of Christmas Nex Addo said to me: Being a KSI member means you understand gaming can be more than just playing around. In KSI you get the chance to make lifelong friends that in some cases you get to hang with outside of Xbox. In KSI you get the chance to learn different gaming techniques, join creative teams, and much more. Again, KSI is more of an experience in HOW you enjoy gaming. I have quite a bit of favorite moments in KSI, not just a singular moment. I would have to say one moment I enjoy a lot is when Anatomy and I were able to host a 24hr live stream charity event. We raised money for a great cause. -Nex Addo, The Legend On the ninth day of Christmas KSIGamma said to me: For me being in KSI is a chance to get back to the roots of gaming and what I enjoy about it. Camaraderie. Equality. Family. One time some guy was saying that he had been to Germany And Norway and they were nice and all, but he wouldn’t trade them for an American Cheeseburger, and KSI Cree went off saying “oh I’m sorry that we have the best healthcare on the planet, I’m sorry that...” And then I popped off with “hey guys, can I get some fries with that?” Good times. -KSIGamma (L-CPT) On the tenth day of Christmas KSI ckeirnan said to me: What it means to be a KSI member is the opportunity to be in the most elite force on Xbox and have a family of gamers that have each other's back no matter what! My favorite part is, not sure yet because I haven't been in that long but I would have to say the game nights. -KSI ckeirnan (L-SGT) On the eleventh day of Christmas KSI xX BUBBA Xx said to me: Being in KSI is very interesting. Why? Well, what I mean is that within KSI there are two sides that I like to call one side the business side and the entertainment side. Now, being a member of KSI I lean towards the business side where you take yourself to another gaming experience level; which is more focusing on moving up and growing the community. Although, how much you may like doing that, at the same time; you can never get enough love from the entertainment side of things in KSI. Being part of an amazing group and gathered with men and women of all ages that love to game is an awesome and amazing experience and KSI makes it feel that way. From experience, from other gaming communities, they don’t even come close to KSI. KSI is my home and that everyone treats everyone with the unlimited KSI experience and that is my favorite part. -KSI xXBUBBAXx, Events Team (A-MAJ) On the twelfth day of Christmas KSI-SubsidingAxe said to me: To me, KSI is like a family with brothers and sisters but I enjoy everyone even if nobody understands me. lol. The most memorable moment was when I was moved up to captain it was a very happy thing I couldn't ask for more, of course, I had to help Exitium out before it fell apart but I got to host my very first meeting in my KSI time but of course, I had trouble talking to people but they enjoyed it. Met some cool people even did a video series with them on my YouTube channel but my time in KSI is a wonderful time. -KSI-SubsidingAxe (A-SGT) Written by: KSI New Blue, Senior Writer