Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI HazMat

Suggestion for website

OK so my suggestion is a simple fix for the website, I know that I'm technically still new but can we make the most recent posts appear first on every topic in the forums

I am not a moderator i have no actual say in this (I just spend half my life on this website.) but normally for what we use the forums for that may not work out the way you'd think. the latest posts last ensures that everyone has a chance to fulfill what i call the 2 minute rule, (being apart of a conversation for a minimum of 2 minutes before chiming in), but that my personal opinion. If you look there is a small icon i believe before you get in the discussion that shows you the first comment and the last comment in that particular discussion if that helps.

99.99999% of forums show the latest post last just as its done here...

Not sure why you would even want it the other way around.. that'd make a confusing mess out of everything.

Awards

Yea thats what I was talking about. You will get duplicate questions that have been answered 4 times before, and people getting upset when someone tells them to read back through the 4 pages of comments to find the answer.

I see where you're coming from there, maybe it could be applied to just the meeting notes section, mainly because I have people that pop in here every now and then and come back to me asking where the new meeting notes are, and I have to tell them it's on the last page, then they ask wouldn't it be easier for people to access relevant meeting notes instead of seeing meeting notes from ages ago first

I mean I am about to start posting up my meeting notes for my squad once i get more of them active on the website, but i would edit it to say in the opening "see last page of thread for newest meeting notes" or something.

Topics run in whats called chronological order. 1st post is the earliest and last post is most recent. Its like reading a book. You read what happens first at the beginning, and the ending at the end. Not backwards. 

For meeting minutes and such, its always best to run it this way: Create a new topic weekly. Not only does it increase forum activity, but it also keeps things relevant to whats This Week.

Topics run in whats called chronological order. 1st post is the earliest and last post is most recent. Its like reading a book. You read what happens first at the beginning, and the ending at the end. Not backwards. 

For meeting minutes and such, its always best to run it this way: Create a new topic weekly. Not only does it increase forum activity, but it also keeps things relevant to whats This Week.

^

Topic closed. (: