Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game 7

Ideas to boost website activity.

Post here for a ideas to boost website activity!  A FYI we will be upgrading to the new version of IPB very shortly, which includes a professional, and fresh looking theme and banner. All custom made from our GFX Department. This also includes a better functioning economy, which is something our beta testers have been playing with for about two months now. 

This topic is for ideas, not for debate. Thanks, all ideas are appreciated whether they are implemented or not, this could be a easy way for some to get the "Bright Idea" award through the AAP! 

Oooo I like these type of things.

1. When recruiting possibly have them put the KSI website in their bio?

2. Tell Squad leaders to start using it cause there a few who don't.

3. Hold squad events in the forums. (Be creative with events)

4. Have a requirement for KSI members to at least visit the website.

5. Kinda falls in with 4 but have recruits visit the website.

6. Cleans up some of the sections in forums a good clean forums is always helpful.

Well I think that is all of my ideas. Hopefully they work

Make it to where your required to be active on the forums before you can rank up, have like an enforced number of post to achieve the next rank and everyone should be registered on the site from recruit up no exceptions if the can game they can register

we do that on xbox bio in Inferno. Im thinking of stuff

When we recruit we put in bio recruited by gt date KSIGLOBAL.COM

This is great! Here is another concept worth thinking about if your bored..

Technically, all officers should be active on the forums regardless, perhaps introducing ideas for how Generals can enforce this concept would be helpful as-well. Perhaps the weakness in saying all officers and above should be active on the website isn't effective because each squad is unique in it's own way. Broad expectations frequently don't establish productive results because there isn't enough specifics included to guide operations in the direction you desire them to go.

Ponder ideas for specific policies/guidelines that would be potentially realistic that generals could enforce to increase the activity from Officers on our website!

Random giveaways by posting in a topic within a certain time frame. Helps give newer members a chance for a name change or for officers to get an extra prize for their arsenal.

I don't like requiring bio changes because hardly anyone looks at those anyway on X1, they aren't as readily available as they were on 360.

I think the new look will help for sure. But I also agree with Oblivion that a clean up would be nice.

When doing events in the squads, posting sign ups on the forums.

Productions/Twitch should be a really big draw. There's possibly some more we could be doing on that front.

I think Rok has a good idea with the number of posts thing. Would be a good way for activity and also motivation.

Back then some people used to determine if a officer can be promoted with the factors of your time spent on the forums and active post, especially in division sections. It worked well.

actually they cant actually do that not without using a auto refresher, which can be detected, We have it set up so that its around on average 5 mins before it recognizes the user as a inactive or afk

Reading these posts it all like stuff we've used before sure we could try recycling the past and honestly I can't think of any new methods the only other thing we could do to make our forums more active is to make it mandatory to be apart of our exclusive clan you have to be connected on all fronts

False. Making it mandatory causes a lot of backlash and is just one more requirement. It's been said before and will probably always been said. The forums are in support of clan ops and should not be treated as a required method for operations to function. The community runs off of console, not the forums. There are plenty of reasons why members can't access the forums and it shouldn't limit their participation in KSI. Yes, it should be encouraged whenever possible but never mandated.

False. Making it mandatory causes a lot of backlash and is just one more requirement. It's been said before and will probably always been said. The forums are in support of clan ops and should not be treated as a required method for operations to function. The community runs off of console, not the forums. There are plenty of reasons why members can't access the forums and it shouldn't limit their participation in KSI. Yes, it should be encouraged whenever possible but never mandated.

Back in the day when there werent so many computer systems and cellular devices that can access the internet like we have today I would agree. But today I disagree. The forums are also a very important part of the community and the communication between squads that is not done on the gaming system. Its also a way for higher ups to communicate directly with lower ranking members.

I started to skip near the end of this but this topic comes up at least once a year and I feel like we get spinning on ideas on how to get the site more active but we always end up at the same place....nowhere. "Let's do giveaways" and when we post up on the KSI Facebook, for example, that we are giving away free money like the same 3 people enter and that is it. Like really? We can do the whole mandatory thing, sure, its not that hard to check, but like Mizz Airy said, people will hate it. I love these forums more than anything in the world lol so I dont understand why people dont want to come on, but what I do know is people simply dont want to. Theres a lot of resources that go untapped even by some of our highest leadership because they cant seem to find an hour or two a day to just peek, even just at their phones, at whats going on here. I dont really think there is a way we can make people or boost it, either we get new people, like Feedscissors here, who come on and are instantly addicted or we dont. I think as Clan Operations grows, as long as the message is being relied, more traffic will come. 

But that is just my thought lol