Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dziony

For rank

I had a suggestion that in our bio/info box when we post or someone looks at you profile we could have a patch/image of our rank. For example if you're a SGT you would of course have the SGT patch. Thoughts? If possible.

And for ranks past General maybe make a patch/image think it would be a cool thing for the team that would work on it.

I am sure doing something like this wouldn't be too hard but you would have to consider the amount of changes that would be required on a given day for badge changing. Rank changes daily, people leave, and people join, and with all that comes a lot of work on the admin team (which, no offense I love them, but they are not active enough at this point to complete this as much as it would be needed). But let's see if they chime in at all about this ;) 

Yeah that was one my kinda drawbacks about the idea since it's a huge community. Maybe some how they can work with general/founders of squads or something along those lines to help. I don't want it to be a big headache for anyone though.

Well I like the idea overall, for everyone, just need to find a way to integrate it lol I mean I could just make a bunch of little badges you place in your signatures even -- no need for admins and stuff that way 

I even like that idea :) it's pretty close to what I was thinking anyways. Also thank you for liking the idea! I thought it would be nice to have everyone know what you are other than the people in your squad. Except you higher ups we already know :P

The only concern I have is would people in the community be able to take whatever title they wanted? Like a pvt or someone that's a lower rank get a title higher than what they actually are.

You know someone will spoil the fun :(

But love it. I mean if it's a green light and you feel comfortable in trying it out that would be awesome. Maybe people won't actually abuse since it gives everyone that badge in their signature:)

TMG did this on their forums when I was a moderator there. It was a plugin that showed the rank on the left, under the interests section. It actually isn't that hard to do because it becomes a profile field that moderators can set.

I mean, if there are MiTs supposedly dedicated just to the Join area, couldn't there be one or two dedicated to rank changes? Or add that to their MiT job duties? Due to the high volume of the site, could have it be only for LT and above. Verified against CMS (because anyone can search tags).

when I was part of RSF on pc like 9 years ago they had the patch beside your name as well. If you think it's not hard then awesome! I don't want to cause a headache for anyone lol

Could just use something like the normal rank images from the military...

And it could just be a user-selected option, like the squads and divisions are.

That's a good idea Koda. Would make it pretty simple and I doubt it would be hard for them to add that