Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSIThermalBeast

KSI Steam Division

Steam is a great setup very much like Xbox. SteamPowered.com is the website. It has many games and is completely free to get an account. There are also games ranging from $5.00 to $100.00 packs. The most popular engine is the Source engine (Counter Strike: Source, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress 2 and Garrys Mod) . I would like to make a division called KSI Source. Where there are all source games, But mainly Garry's Mod. Garry's Mod is quite similar to Halo 3 Forge, But Garry's Mod is all about building. Also, games such as RolePlay, Sandbox,Fretta,GM Racer,Fort wars,and many other other Games created by scripters and coders such as my friend, Looter who has created my script. I am currently running a 32 slot server and a 20 slot sandbox server. Which can easily be renamed to [KSI] Serious Role Play and [KSI] Build Server #1. Garrysmod.com Facepunch.com and Garrysmod.org are all of the games websites.

Ahhh Day of Defeat, now that's a game I miss.

Awards

No.

Awards

Lol I suggest everyone downloads DoD.

Awards

I think this Steam thing is a good idea. I've seen it around a lot now.

If enough people play where we can expand it i think this could work.

but we need to know how many people have steam and how many people are willing to transfer from 360 to Steam.

I think this Steam thing is a good idea. I've seen it around a lot now.

If enough people play where we can expand it i think this could work.

but we need to know how many people have steam and how many people are willing to transfer from 360 to Steam.

I have Steam, and DoD is a wonderful game, but I'd never leave my 360 exclusively... my PC's too buggy. But I tried Garry's Mod... freakin awesome! Still, I'll stick with my MW2 and H3.

I also ha ve Steam, but i honestly wouldnt know if i would transfer out of my divsion to play PC exclusively

Well if enough people are willing to transfer from 360 to PC, the Steam division could be a success.

OK if anyone is interested in doing this Steam thing this is what were gonna do.(or planning on doing i need to talk to a few more people.)

1.)Look for people from KSI who are interested if transfering from 360 to PC

2.)If you can get a few people, go onto steam and start recruiting. (If you can't get any people, you can still go on there and recruit by yourself)

3.)Get enough people to keep a squad stable and if that happens, we can try to keep a steam division open.

This would be a beta division so there would be no guarantees that the division will stay open.

If you guys are really interested in starting a Steam Division, you have to get your interest known to the other leaders. So start pitching this idea to all the other leaders and make them notice what you are trying to start.