Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HenryA

Contact and Information

I very recently came to KSI, and found a couple of things slightly problematic when joining.

The first is that there is no "Contact Us" page or similar on the KSI site or here. When I wanted to ask a question about joining, I had to join this forum and Private Message a Moderator (KSI Tex 7, thanks a lot!). This may put some people off joining, if they don't want to join the forum without being a member first, or if they are unfamiliar with the way a forum works. If there was a contact page, it would eliminate this problem and make it a lot easier for new members to get information abut joining if they have any questions.

The other issue I found was that nowhere I found said anything about the 13+ Squads in KSI. I am only 14, and had a bit of trouble joining because I thought you had to be over 17, as is said in the Joining thread. I signed up to this forum and contacted KSI Tex 7, before being directed to FuzzyMeep (Thanks to him also!). It was only then that I found out about the 13+ Squads here. If this information was easily and readily available on the main site and here, it would mean a whole lot of people who think the can't join but can, can join, rather than turning away.

Thanks for reading!

I very recently came to KSI, and found a couple of things slightly problematic when joining.

The first is that there is no "Contact Us" page or similar on the KSI site or here. When I wanted to ask a question about joining, I had to join this forum and Private Message a Moderator (KSI Tex 7, thanks a lot!). This may put some people off joining, if they don't want to join the forum without being a member first, or if they are unfamiliar with the way a forum works. If there was a contact page, it would eliminate this problem and make it a lot easier for new members to get information abut joining if they have any questions.

The other issue I found was that nowhere I found said anything about the 13+ Squads in KSI. I am only 14, and had a bit of trouble joining because I thought you had to be over 17, as is said in the Joining thread. I signed up to this forum and contacted KSI Tex 7, before being directed to FuzzyMeep (Thanks to him also!). It was only then that I found out about the 13+ Squads here. If this information was easily and readily available on the main site and here, it would mean a whole lot of people who think the can't join but can, can join, rather than turning away.

Thanks for reading!

Mainly a Forum for KSI Global members it is also a public Forum meaning; anyone that can access the site can register. This Forum is the same as any other Forum out there apart from it being all things KSI. Although I like your idea of a "contact us" page before hand, it may be vary useful to internet n00bs! ;)

The whole point of not having 13+ info on the site , to my knowledge, is to actually veer said "squeakers" away. KSI has been around for a lot of years and has had their fair share of young members who aren't even old enough to purchase most FPS out there. I think the squeaker squads are only in specific Divisions and ran by certain Leaders who can handle them. ;)

My only point was, if you have 13+ Squads, then you will need 13-17 year olds to be in those squads. There is no point, really, in having the squads if you are deliberately driving people away from joining them. People like me are a bit sick and tired of constantly being associated with annoying people because of age :/

If anyone undesirable joined a 13-17 Squad, then you reserve the right to chuck them out. Don't drive off all under-17s, including good members, instead of just getting rid of bad members. I think it is a bad message to send out about KSI, to dislike someone based on age, especially considering one of the main points of KSI is to be a gaming community made up of all aspects of gamers, including age, "from 17 to 59".

And not being able to legally purchase the game does not mean it is against the law to play them. I am 14, and I can't buy those games, but I sure can play them, enjoy them, and play with older gamers without annoying them by being a "squeaker". Did you annoy everyone else in the way you say "squeakers" do when you were 16 years old? It is a gross, and ignorant, generalisation to label such a huge part of the gaming community in such a way, especially considering the majority of under-17s are not annoying, high-pitched, arrogant and stroppy.

And, if you go into the "Water Cooler and Spam" Forum, there is a directive there from Munkee for all Divisions to create a "Helium" squad for 13-17 year olds.

What best sums all this up is, you are saying that I should not be here, simply because I am 14. I am not necessarily inferior at gaming to someone who is over-17, I do not have an especially high-pitched voice, and nor do I annoy gamers, generally (other than by beating them at Halo :P), and yet you say I am a "squeaker" and don't deserve to be here.

You are obviously a senior member here, so would you kindly mention the "Contact Us" page on the main site, www.ksiglobal.com, to FuzzyMeep, if you like the idea?

EDIT: Sorry for the rage, I've had a seriously bad few days. But, the message behind it, I still support. It is unfair to judge people like that, because of their age. Annoying people should be treated the same, under 17 or over 17. That is what irritation and dislike should be aimed at, not age.

I'm sorry you feel that way about the statements I made, they were not directed towards you in any context. You make a lot of points, points I specifically did not mention myself, don't be mistaken by what I previously posted. In no way was it an attack, it's good you vented your so called "anger" though! ;) I have not been in "Clan-Ops" for a long while now and am not exactly sure what the situation is. You might want to speak with a Senior Leader about the whole Squeaker squads ;)

Ah, no problem man. That was more directed at the gerneral internet than you. What the hell is "Clan-Ops"?

Clan Operations: Everything that happens through Xbox

Web Operations: Everything that happens on the forums/web

Aha, thanks a lot. Still trying to get to grips with this stuff, and every time people start talking about the different squads in the shoutbox I get pretty damn confused...anyway, cheers.

Another reason for not having a "Contact Us" Page is that leadership changes. So if you have two or three points of contact and they are all gone for various reasons (vacation, illness, deployments, etc.) then you would still be in the same position as before. Not to mention the points of contact would only be sending new members to specific divisions, not letting the division continue its recruiting process on its own. But that is what the "Join Us" forum section is for. To apply and have someone step up and show you what to do next.

And those who, as you did, contact someone or make a comment stating they would like a chance even though they are underage already demonstrate a tenacity and dedication because they really do want to join. Which already makes them valuable members. :)