Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSI Blk Xer0 7

Divisional Sites

Anybody remember these? The golden days of KSI. I remember LE's site went down and we fought so hard to get it back lol, that lasted one time. After that, I think all divisional sites slowly faded away. Was cool though having 'em.

Awards

The concept was cool back then. But I think, just like having separate sub-sections for every squad, that it causes divisions not within a division with this example but more along the lines of community wide. I think it's great to have something to be proud of and to show off to everyone like hey guys, check our division site out, etc -- but it just branches the community, taking traffic and growth away from the clan itself and the forums.

I mean if this site ever goes down (again) some divisions may use a site for them which is fine. But as of now if they do that then they would be isolating themselves from the rest of us.

I see where you're coming from. But not completely... Maybe it was a different time when I joined, but I joined global before I even knew what the hell a forum was. Slowly I upped my computer IQ, then got on the forums and I was hooked. I went to my divisional site after that, and I think what got me was the fact that... Let's say for example, if I wanted to be on the news team for KSI in general, there would be a whole lot of competition, my division would be 1-200, I would have better chances to get on the team.

Like I said, as life, this was a different age in KSI so it'll be different a little bit, I guess. But I loved it because it created a tight knit family, more-so if people couldn't get online. I don't know, just me, it was cool.

Awards

Like I said, the concept was cool back then as well. I think divisional sites have both pros and cons. Biggest pro is you have something to call your own, an actual, 'physical' domain that you can show off to people, talk to everyone on there, see what's going on within your division, grow more as a family, etc. But you can also accomplish that with divisional sections. Divisional sections, in my opinion at least, comes in higher regards than sites simply because, like the family and growth concept with sites, you have that here on the community forums as well but community wide. Having your own site, from my observations when I joined, has a lot of potential to raise egos within the division; obviously not 100% but it did happen. I'm all for division/squad pride -- but when you keep everyone involved in the family in one house you know more so what's going on with one another and you grow closer, not just with the person who you're rooming with but with everyone in the house.

I also joined KSI before I realized there were forums and before I was aware I only knew the group of people within my squad. Once I was introduce to the forums and joined I got to speak to everyone in my division and get to know them and we all helped one another with clan stuff and personal life things. I don't know; just my opinions.

^_^

I used to run the SA and AD websites which i paid for the SA one way back in the day , The sa website got taken down without notice or refund to me

If I remember correctly wasn't that how it was back then? In order for a division to even have their own divisional site they had to have x amount of members and they also needed someone within the division to pay for the site or have someone within the community at least pay for them? I think that's how it was anyways.

He just stated he personally paid for it. I'm not 100% sure who paid for ours way back when, I assume it was our leaders... I even donated back then.

Awards

They had some cool aspects to them but overall they'd take away from us. Its much easier and better to have everyone congregate on one website. It benefits the site which benefits KSI as a whole. Having a site setup for each division spreads things too thin online. Only way it'd possibly work, and I still don't think it'd be that great, is to use subdomains. Like divisionname.ksiglobal.com

Awards

They had some cool aspects to them but overall they'd take away from us. Its much easier and better to have everyone congregate on one website. It benefits the site which benefits KSI as a whole. Having a site setup for each division spreads things too thin online. Only way it'd possibly work, and I still don't think it'd be that great, is to use subdomains. Like divisionname.ksiglobal.com

I agree, having every division have their own site takes away from the unity of KSI that is exactly what we don't want. Even with having subdomains for every division breaks up the unity. Members would just go to their corresponding division and they wouldn't even notice what else is going on. That could be a major problem.

Completely agreed. And that's been my argument for having individual squad sections. It's a smaller spectrum than divisional sites but the same ideals apply.