(0 reviews)

From Boots to Screen: A Glimpse at KSI's Veterans

From Boots to Screen

By: KSI Snipers Logic FG C-SGT (a.k.a. iFakieSniper)

rCRBNu0pGjRQKWR3FuK9AOl7zE2sDZ3z-0JvBY8EjU9ZKrEkxHgNmBgm8t1St7dAhuWDc1DzTI2N_Jl_z6MQ9oHD0D2l0YDVXVl32hxnAH3cR2UhmB7fmvL7OiU61Yn5pE-I8wuc

Some in this world take the oath to put their country before themselves and are even willing to sacrifice their lives to serve their country. But what happens when they take off the uniform? Where do the knowledge and those skills go? From behind the wire to behind the screen, take a look at how service members bring in potentially great leadership skills and a sense of brotherhood/sisterhood to our KSI family.

Soldiers

From being a man or woman in a uniform to a gamer, what would you see? Leadership skills? PTSD? Rudeness? These are among other questions we may have. Personally,  I see how everything could potentially be a great asset to our community. Many men and women of today's society will never truly understand what it means to put their lives on the line for a country that could care less nowadays. When you see a soldier who is just getting home from a nasty place in this world, what crosses your mind? Is he “okay”? Are they the same as they were before they left? Many of our veterans are either in a hospital or on the streets because they have left to fight for this country, and, when they returned, they weren't the same. They come back physically different, or even mentally altered.

Meet our Veterans

Let's take a look at some experiences and see photos from a few of our members who either served or are currently serving in the military, stateside and overseas.

HoneyBadger

iKgJgCeM0jA0yboBrcW6qLQ_u0HVLqaLYiDh780uqjlNe58sMqvaQb1TPvYnWVhPtx4eMFJQ5yIyPod7zOG015leYZY4WeiW1KlDkKDkpf-CsH4vKRIV7e3q-tY-NzNIC0_F6WZ2gxbbK7sXldJCUOVvPjFpV426Bn_xytMbvIa4UzgAgLEzKhyh-_cmciw5zrYpkhjiM9St-4X_chEhiSHsYQ0nHWAH_3RKCIx5um_NaQSHVEFFni47XQCP-j5walQCelk9zbBtFbLr

pHswr34GcyL9_aOsnBFWbwxqho3T1EwdhAk2m5IN2IWYMEBHHSksbxRPo2NR35rABisQgoCsLhHAMSSUlSyWb2UCH8PVQ8rfedSh-WkmzdlVTxRNciDg7BX88nUthTdk1bhKvq45

When I asked Honeybadger of Leviathan in Fallen Angels, “Do you have any leadership skills that you learned while in the military that helps with our community family?” Honeybadger responded with this statement:

“The army taught me how to delegate tasks down to my guys so as to not get overwhelmed myself, I have enough confidence in my ability to lead in the army and in KSI from my time taking care of my battle buddies. In the army I'm responsible for getting my guys what they need, whether it be an ear to listen too, behavioural health, or if they are depressed and in a very dark place. So when anyone in my squad or otherwise needs an ear, I'm there.”

KSI Ares 70 R-MAJ

MDbZGGFVd5A_vM0DaMn_zQtIqOlDakkkMIkUDK1tkmkm_6MylBodm8qfF6dSybg1k_KlkBk0f2LDE1HdzIXGpLv67DuChd5h2SEfbQYHtfYuP2WGMHHwi5T8zeevsbPpTHbul29uiFKaUpTwjwlV3dFFsQxMLYfGbLpZTQLsMd2XtjQIRDpjMmyRBkYGZkNwxkVw_Z6u9OYvi3R4jZgXb_X1qgVG_6L8Yt8gl_1tGJgxW88Ch1asNIRrdUc9vyrzlzEqgb-yStjVklZF

When I asked, “Do you have any experience you'd like to share? For example, what has the military offered you in leadership skills that you brought into KSI?”  KSI Ares 70 R-MAJ responded with this statement:

“I wouldn't be the man I am today without the training I received in the military.  I was provided with a solid foundation to build upon from the very start in basic. I was provided with many opportunities to expand my knowledge base and lead others in many different environments.  Everything from field operations to working behind a desk. I was provided training early on in my career at Airman Leadership School which was a requirement to actually start supervising other troops in an administrative capacity.  I received additional training at the NCO Academy which prepared me to be a Senior NCO. I have had civilian leadership classes, but all have failed in comparison to the leadership training I received in the military. The core values of the Air Force is what I have accredited to most of my success.  1. Integrity, 2. Service before self, and 3. Excellence in all we do. Hard to fail at leadership if you stick to that.”

Then I asked him, “And how do you implement that in today's society and in our family community?” He provided this amazing comment:

“I treat everyone with the respect they deserve and consistently enforce the standards equally across the board.  As leaders, we must be firm but fair. Decisions I make are without emotion and well thought out. I find it best to try and always have a game plan before I have to engage in any disciplinary type issues.  I always play out several scenarios in my head in advance. Now, not all situations allow you to prepare in advance, so staying calm is key. Another key leadership quality is to lead by example. It's hard to earn trust and credibility but you can lose it in a blink of an eye.”

Owner of this article is KSI Sniper's Logic
    Cover image from Sputnik International

• Like 1

Report Article

User Feedback

6 hours ago, Frostiie96 said:

Nice Article... :goodstuff:

Thank you, I will start working on the other parts to this article soon as things cool down in real life. 

Share this comment