• Sign in to follow this  

(0 reviews)

Meet a Board Member: KSI Airy 7

Additions, subtractions, and much more have been words the KSI Board is all too familiar with in the past month. The fact is KSI could use to learn more about each member of the board and that exactly is what this article series will be all about. Interviewing each board member, as we learn about their plans, their self, and thoughts. With each article, we hope to shine some light on exactly who these people are and more. Allowing each member of KSI to make their own feelings. Our first interview will be with the newest member of the board, KSI Airy 7.

Nex Addo: Tell us about you
    Airy: About me... Uh, well, I'm a 12-year Navy veteran, about to medically retire. After that, I'll be a full-time author for a while. I'm a mother to three rascally boys whom I hope will someday join the ranks of KSI. I'm passionate about removing mental health stigmas and finding homes for rescued dogs. And also all the gaming.

Nex Addo: What is your KSI History?
    Airy: I've been in and out since Dec 2005, taken part of and led teams that built 6 divisions, most recently Lost Empire/Phoenix Rising in 2017. I've been the Director of Clan Ops, overseeing the closure, recovery, and rebuild of 7 divisions. I've been on or have led every single type of team throughout KSI (including MLG, Court, and Marketing) and was the Deputy Director of Web Ops in 2017. Most recently, I was the lead editor of the News Team in 2019.

Nex Addo: Let us turn to your new position, what is your new position here at KSI and could ou sum up what you will be doing?
    Airy: The final title has yet to be officially determined, but we're tentatively calling it Director of Member Resources/Services. In short, it's a multi-faceted approach to empowering and supporting the members. Among this includes things such as being a bridge between the Board and the members at large (working in conjunction with division reps) to advocate for members needs. Another aspect is peer support for both internal and external needs. Finally, this is enfolding the previous role of Chief Justice regarding court oversight.

Nex Addo: So what are YOUR PLANS for KSI?
    Airy: My plans - do whatever I can to ensure the longevity and growth of the community and support it is the environment that gave me the skills I've used half of my life.

Nex Addo: What are some goals both short and long term you have that you want to see us accomplish?
    Airy: Short term, I'd like to see KSI continue to grow under the mentality of being one team and supporting each other. It'd be nice to see the teams filled out more, though I am impressed with the state of T&E and Education. 
    Longer-term, I'd love to see the community pursue the non-profit route to further inspire and support gamers in the coming generations.

Nex Addo: You are usually considered to be an old member of KSI and leader. The board did talk about bringing on less to no old members and yourself did mention not heading on big roles. What changed and why did you take on this role?
    Airy: As far as what changed regarding the old school, I don't know. Elder nominated me on the condition the board accepted the new role. Icespot revealed that I was uniquely qualified for this particular changed position. Also, although I'm considered old school, I'm one of the few who has taken part in every generation. I don't try to go back to "old school" in most ways because those techniques don't work in the modern community, both in mindset and growth. 
    For myself, there are several reasons I accepted. Foremost is that I firmly believe in the potential of this generation to become what KSI should have done several years ago. Second, this is a role I am passionate to see do good. It is not a leadership position, so I don't have to worry about reprisal to my squads or divisions. I get to focus entirely on advocating for and supporting members.

Nex Addo: You touched early on something I want to go back on and that is how do you think you are experienced for this role.
    Airy: I really hate to sound like I'm bragging, so this is going to be hard....
    I have experience in every facet of KSI. I've taken part of every opportunity, every generation, and I've learned something new every single time. I'm one of those who grew up with KSI, whose life was influenced by the community and even more so by what I learned along the way. This role is all about ensuring those same opportunities and more are available for others. It's not just experience, though, but also that I'm passionate about the purpose.

• Like 1

Report Article
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

There are no reviews to display.

• Current Donation Goals