(0 reviews)

Meet The Board: Obsidian_7 and Nex Addo

The dust has settled for KSI and now it’s time to build! The KSI Board has elected two new members into their ranks. Congratulations to KSI Nex Addo and KSI_Obsidian_7!

Nex Addo first joined KSI in 2009 into KGB Division. He’s currently the Wiki Team Lead and News Team Lead. He was inducted into the KSI Hall of Fame in 2017.

Obsidian_7 first joined KSI in 2005 into Lost Empire. He’s currently a Co-Founder in Atlantis Rising, the PS4 Division. He’s also in the Education Department and Wiki Team.

What do you want to say to the members of KSI who may not know you two that well? I'm sure some people are asking, "Who are these people?”

Nex Addo: I want the members to know I'm not just an old relic sitting on the shelf who comes back when they want but a member like themselves in this community. I take what I do seriously for them and I want them to be open, critical, and understanding when they reach out to or however they feel. I'm here for them to hear them out and assist them. I've been doing this for a long while and I've had my failures and my successes and I want people to learn from mine and grow on their own. KSI is doing this together!

Obsidian_7: Like Nex Addo I want members to understand that we are here for them. We want to hear and engage in healthy debates that will help us, the board, understand what the community needs in order to keep on striving forward. I have been in this community, this home, since 2005 and we all want the same thing, a safe place to game, learn and teach. My door is always open to those who need to be heard and I will always have the time to listen to what the needs are for the community. I take great pride in every aspect of my life and KSI is no different. As long as we continue to work together, grow and learn KSI will be here to stay.

What exactly do you two bring to a Board in 2020? Both of you only returned to active roles this year after a lengthy retirement.

Nex Addo: In my opinion, I bring quite a lot.. During my retirement and before it I held different titles but I was the Program Director of a LGBTQ Group in the city. I've also been studying more Public Relations topics and studying in a noncollege aspect. I've done quite a bit, I would say, in my time off. But, my return didn't come without concerns and long conversations

Obsidian_7: As for myself, what I believe I can bring to the table is just a few different things. The board as it stands has many talented leaders with different leadership skills and it is vital that when they elect new members they have something different to offer. Before my retirement I was the division leader of LE and that experience in itself, though it was not my first time being a division leader, taught me a lot and how to be more grounded. Coming back to KSI and working my way back up the ranks instead of asking or demanding rank has given me the opportunity to see what is actually happening currently in the community. Something I believe the board recognized and considered when nominating me to be on the board.

With nearly 800 people recruited this year so far, it's safe to say KSI is experiencing some pretty crazy growth. What do you think brought this success and how can we keep the momentum?

Nex Addo: The fact of the matter is we are here because of the efforts of every member who is here. Even the ones who do not recruit. We must understand the reason we are here is because of their effort. The reason for this growth boom we will call it is only recent and a common history for KSI. The numbers mean a lot when it comes to the effort of recruiting but the effort of maintaining is where it's at. Can we keep these numbers and limit fluff to less than 1 percent is the real task. Which will mean events planned by our leaders.

Obsidian_7: The amount of growth we have been experiencing especially recently is due to everyone really working together and understanding a common goal for this community. With the right leaders in the right place being directed by upper leadership things tend to fall in place really. Recruitment is just only one part of making this growth a successful growth. Maintaining a high retention rate is just as important. Especially if we want to see more events or tournaments for our members.

Which leader of the newer generation has earned your respect? Where do you feel they exceed expectations?

Nex Addo: KSI_Ronald7 has really earned my respect and I see him doing big things! He’s a good tempered and thoughtful leader. I can not wait to see what he brings to the table.

Obsidian_7: I am going to have to say KSI_Kimber 7. That guy has worked hard to get where he is at now. He took charge of Awoken when his old squad leaders left and he kept at it till Awoken split. He is able to take constructive criticism and adapt his leadership style to fit any situation. With him being promoted to founder very recently it won't be long till we see him bringing a bigger impact to AR and the community!

Would you give us a sneak peek into what you two hope to achieve for KSI while serving?

Nex Addo: A sneak peek? Ok well, honestly I'm looking to help bridge some communication between Web and Clan Operations. While it's not obvious we could better our talks and that's no one in particular fault but it is something us leaders, including myself as News Lead, need to address sooner than later. I also want to help get Web Ops to talk more amongst ourselves. I believe that communication is key to ALL OF KSI success. My other plans are to start working on promoting events and assisting the teams that are involved need to create clan-wide events.I also have to agree with Obsidian on helping us address arcane rules and guidelines.

Obsidian_7: Well for myself there are a lot of things I would like to achieve with my time on the board. The most important one for me is being a voice for everyone in the community. Share their thoughts and opinions with the board and bring up their proposals. Though there are other things I'd like to do as well personally, like focusing on changing some old bylaws and introducing new helpful policies or things of the sort. KSI is moving forward in a very positive way and all I'd like to do is help keep that momentum going.

• Like 1

Report Article

User Feedback

There are no reviews to display.

• Current Donation Goals