(0 reviews)

Member Spotlight: Viktory 7

Member Spotlight is back! Originally began by KSI Chaoticz 7 in 2018, it’s been a great way to highlight the outstanding members of KSI. Today’s member has well over a decade of KSI knowledge, been a Board member multiple times, is the Division Leader of Atlantis Rising, and Director of Education. Yup, It’s Viktory 7.

KSI New Blue: So what do you go by? Viktory, Vik, Vikktory, or Viktoria?

KSI Vik 7: Haha I've gone by all of those at one time or another. True story, when I was Division Leader of Fatal Genesis (What's now become Atlantis Rising), Icespot split Integritas squad and took over the new squad he named Victoria, which was a reference to me having an alter ego called "Viktoria" at an all girl game night back in the day. 

KSI New Blue: When did you first join KSI? What squad and division did you join?

KSI Vik 7: Haha it's been a long time. I originally joined KSI in 2007, I was recruited in around. Christmas time to a squad called Sparta in Lost Empire Division. I don't even think I could tell you who the leaders were at the time. Names from that time escape me, and people came and went a lot. Thousands of people in a group it's hard to grasp at straws. 

I can tell you that at the time the Director over my Division was Tex 7, who I had a great deal of respect for as I took lots of training under them.

KSI New Blue: Considering that in the past you were blacklisted from KSI, what does it mean to you to be Director of Education, Division Leader of Atlantis Rising, and have a spot on the Board?

KSI Vik 7: I guess it means that I've come full circle. I was Blacklisted for going to join a group with my friends that was like KSI but without the size or pressure. The community was called GGN, and some of the people running it had some less than ideal intentions. It was supposed to be this big F U to KSI, which most of these split offs are. 

Here's the thing with the Blacklist. You could get Blacklisted for the silliest reasons. Or you could get placed on there with something legitimate. The fact is I was placed there for something legitimate enough for me not to fight it. I don’t agree with it, but it's not like I was innocent either. 

But being in the positions I am in now; Div Lead, Education Director, and Board Member, It goes to show that as long as you work hard for the members, you will be rewarded. And that it doesn't matter where you come from, it only matters where you're going and how you plan to get there.  And I’m thankful for the opportunity to get to share experiences such as this one with a new generation of members. So that they can see where we all came from, but also see where KSI is going and how we can make it a great place to be. 

KSI New Blue: What has being Director of Education taught you? 

KSI Vik 7: So for me, being Director of Education has been as much of a learning experience as one where I get the opportunity. It’s not easy being Department Head, you have challenges related to working with a team, staffing said team, approving various incentives and initiatives, and so on. It’s a trying experience and you really learn to practice patience and understanding with my staff and those we provide a service for.

One of the first things I did when I was granted the position was attending a meeting with Elder and Kered about the expectations, what role I was filling and how to fill it. While I have mostly been left to my own devices, I do have to follow a set of standards and understand where I fit in at the top. How being at the top affects the rest of the department, how it will affect the member base your decisions immediately concern. It’s a fair amount of pressure, but I have learned to thrive on it.

Director of Education also comes with a seat on the Board of Directors, where I am on equal footing with the rest of the Leaders. I have to be patient, democratic, and supportive, while also providing criticism and presenting disagreement about issues and proposals. You learn quickly that in order to succeed, it comes from knowing where your place is; having the confidence to perform well, and constantly trying to better the team you’re apart of. You work hard at bettering yourself in the process.

KSI New Blue: What are you looking forward to for the future of Education and AR?

KSI Vik 7: For me, I’m looking forward to growth. That’s what KSI is all about at the end of the day, growth of family, community, and individual. I have road maps in the works for the department and the division for the whole of 2020. I’m looking forward to seeing how this whole operation grows into something new and succeeding where maybe we haven’t in the past.

There are some goals set that should push the aspects of the community that I lead into new directions. There will be challenges, struggles, and losses. But there will be gains, and lessons learned. We hope to see another Playstation Division by the end of 2020, with a full robust leadership and members who want to be apart of something. In Education, we hope to see the entire department integrated into Google Classroom, with fully functioning programs and curriculums to help develop the future leaders of tomorrow with more intuitive, and advanced strategies to bring out the best in every member for KSI.

I see both Education Staff and Clan Ops members in AR making huge strides in their development and taking on more to improve our little family and the members who are apart of it. I am very proud of everyone I work with on a daily basis, and even more proud of where this community is going. It’s something that really brings me joy and fulfillment, and has for many years. I look forward to many more years of being apart of this great community and helping us build a brand that will leave a lasting legacy.

I would like to personally thank Vik for his contributions to KSI and his consistent willingness to teach myself and others anything they want to learn. With that, Member Spotlight will be returning; Hopefully in a semi-regular schedule. Are you interested in being the next featured member? Send me a Discord message at KSI New Blue#5555!

Written by: KSI New Blue, Senior Writer

With special thanks to KSI Viktory 7

Report Article

User Feedback

There are no reviews to display.

• Current Donation Goals