• Sign in to follow this  

(0 reviews)

The History of 7 in KSI

“What’s the deal with 7?” is the question I asked myself when I joined in February this year. I asked Ghost Rider2115, a recruit from Azrael, for a guess as to why certain members have a 7 at the end of their Gamertag.“Maybe that’s how many major games they’ve won?”

While it’s a solid guess considering we are a gaming community, it’s not close at all. I then reached out to KSI Copper 7, the Founder of Fallen Angels, for his opinion. 

“It just shows that you have reached a high enough rank in KSI and you have earned it.”

So who was the first 7? And when did the tradition start? I knew these were going to be hard answers to get, but there was one place I knew I could go, right to KSI Se7en 7. 

KSI New Blue: Well, first off, thank you so much for your time. Not every member gets the opportunity to speak with a creator.

KSI Se7en 7: No problem thanks for the interview.

KSI New Blue: So where did the idea to add a 7 to the end of a person’s Gamertag originate?

KSI Se7en 7: We all met on Unreal Championship.Back during that time someone had to host a server for gamers to play on.

Killingservice7 aka KSI Dead Meat 7 worked a lot, so he would leave his box on while he was gone.

Myself and KSI SYRUS 7 approached him and we started to talk about building a clan and it was important for us to keep the community name as close to the server name so that we could recruit. 

Killing Service Incorporated was born, and the 7 had always been a symbol of leadership for generals and up.

KSI New Blue: After 16 years of KSI, there have been hundreds of members that have earned the 7 in their names. Is there anything you would want to tell those people?

KSI Se7en 7: Thank you all no matter where you are for the hours and hard work. Although at times, as trying as it may have been, you all earned that 7. 

KSI New Blue: What is some advice you want to give to those wanting to move up the ranks and earn their 7?

KSI Se7en 7: Make sure you have great leadership under your guidance and build your division as large as you can. It is one of the most awesome feelings in the world to have a large operation that is well oiled and fine tuned. 

Since I'm not a 7, I went to KSI BIG JOHN 7, FA Co-founder, and KSI Chaoticz 7, former Founder, to ask how they feel about it. First, I wanted to hear the story of how they earned their 7.

KSI BIG JOHN 7:  I got my 7 back in 2010 in the division called Gorilla Warfare (GW) I got promoted to Founder then I changed my name to KSI BIG JOHN 7

KSI Chaoticz 7: I was a General of Eternal HF (Hell Fire) in 2017 and after a fair amount of time building the squad up with numbers, training, and a great atmosphere, we finally split and created Plague HF and I was promoted to the rank of Co-founder. I later changed my GT from KSI Chaoticz to KSI Chaoticz 7.

Next, I asked, “What does it mean to you to have a 7 in your GT today?”

KSI BIG JOHN 7: You have earned the rank of Founder or higher. You are a leader in KSI.

KSI Chaoticz 7: Having a 7 can mean many different things to different people. To me, it means respect, achievement, and loyalty. I earned the respect of those above and below me at the time to receive a 7, I achieved my squad split and committed enough to the community to receive a 7, and I am loyal to KSI which is why I still have a 7 in my GT.

While to many people the number 7 may mean luck, remind them of their favorite soda, or the number of days in the week, to KSI it's more than a number. It's recognition of talent, leadership, determination, and prestige. Thanks again to those who have dedicated so much to this community and earned their 7s. To those wanting to move up and earn theirs, good luck and keep pushing!

- Written by KSI New Blue (News Team)

Edited by KSI Heroiism 7

Report Article
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

There are no reviews to display.

• Current Donation Goals