(0 reviews)

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Gaming

This year was a big first for me. I've gone Black Friday shopping before, but anxiety makes me avoid the more crowded stores. As entertaining as some of those fights can be, I'd rather not be IN one. This year, though, I decided to beat the crowds and did my shopping earlier. Thanks to a great deal at GameStop and Best Buy, I now own an Xbox One X and 4K TV for about half the price I was expecting the upgrades to cost. 

It seems like the console producers are focusing on selling the consoles in the stores. Xbox Ones and PS4s were about $100 off on Black Friday while Nintendo Switch was $40 off. Various computers had special sales on them too for notebooks, laptops, and desktops. This begs the question, will Cyber Monday continue the trend or will there be an uptick in game sales? 

Microsoft Store had game deals all week and even included $1 for the first month of Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass. This includes up to 65% off on award winning titles such as The Witcher 3 and lesser known titles like Abzu. Even the newly released Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 are discounted at the moment. There are fighting games, thrillers, RPGs, shooters, and puzzlers. There's even a selection of backwards compatible games available. 

In similar fashion, Sony's Playstation Store also has 168 games available for discounted purchase until November 27. This includes The Last of Us Remastered for a low price of $5.99 in case anyone wants to get another playthrough in before the second installment is released. Newer games are roughly 10-35% off while others are up to 75% off the list price. 

Steam's Autumn Sale is also in full swing until November 27. With the widest variety of games and most impressive sales, it would be quite easy to find whatever game you'd want at a reasonable price. There is little limit on what can be found on Steam, especially in comparison to the consoles. If it wasn't for the incredible graphics I've seen on my new Xbox One X, I might be tempted to upgrade my PC and take part on that sale myself. 

What kind of Black Friday deals have you found? Are there any you're looking forward to for Monday? 

Image from Forza Horizon 4. 

• Like 1

Report Article

User Feedback

There are no reviews to display.

• Current Donation Goals