(0 reviews)

Mobile Gaming - Billion $ Market

Mobile Gaming - Billion $ Market

By: Frostiie

Writer

If you are like me gaming has been a part of my life since I was a kid. I had every system from Super Nintendo to Xbox One and everything in-between. However, one platform of gaming is becoming a $100 billion market (Mobile Gaming) and Fortnite mobile is a big contributor to that success. With games like Fortnite, Candy Crush, and Subway Surfer's being just a few that capitalize on paid advertisement's and/or in-game micro-transactions, it really makes you think how much do these games really bring in. Today I'm going to be looking at Fortnite mobile stats and see how much this multi-platform game makes on the mobile platform.

Let's take a look at some of the stats. Since Fortnite mobile started monetizing on March 15th, the total worldwide revenue for the game had exceeded $15 million gross by the beginning of April, with about $10.5 million paid to Epic Games. However, this is just for the mobile game and not including the console version. Now making $15 million in a matter of two week's for just one game is a plus to what mobile games have to offer. As mobile devices get more advanced and complex the possibilities that game developers are going to have will be endless. With the iPhone X and Samsung Galaxy Note9 being more powerful then any phones before, it makes you think - what type of games can I run on it while on the john? We are already seeing console game's being made with mobile version's and Fortnite is just one example. We are already seeing console games being made with mobile versions and Fornite is just one example. With the success they are bringing - financially and popularity wise - mobile gaming is really starting to become a major player in the gaming industry.

Personally, I am very excited to see what comes next with mobile games and how the gaming industry will change due to the ever-growing popularity of the platform only time can tell. If there is anything to take from this article it is that as mobile phones evolve and become more advanced the boundaries and limitations of games will rise and the games themselves will become much more advanced and popular - just try not to drop your phone in the john so you can read my next article.

Report Article

User Feedback

There are no reviews to display.

• Current Donation Goals