(0 reviews)

Review: Ace Combat 7

Ace Combat 7 is an arcade flight action game with 2 game modes with 6 DLC packages out. It’s been nominated 5 times for awards and won an award for sound. Today, I will be reviewing this game and explaining the storyline. 

The single-player mode consists of 23 missions (including DLC missions). The storyline takes place in the continent of Usea in the conflict of the Lighthouse War set in 2019. Your character is named Trigger. Trigger is a rookie pilot from the nation of Osea assigned to the IUPF, the Independent Union Peacekeeping Forces. He was in Mage Squadron under command of a man with the callsign Clown. During the 4th mission, Trigger and the other Osean pilots are tasked with defending former Osean President Vincent Harling as he makes his escape from the Space Elevator. However, the enemy from the Kingdom of Erusea sends advanced drones after Harling’s helicopter. When one of the drones gets behind his helicopter, Trigger fires a missile at the drone, which misses and hits Harling’s aircraft, destroying it and killing the former president. Trigger is then convicted of killing Harling and assigned to the 444th squadron, also known as Spare squadron. His plane is branded with 3 “strikes”. After dealing major blows to the enemy throughout 6 missions, Trigger and one of his squadmates, callsign Count, are seen as valuable assets and are then transferred to the LRSSG, the Long Range Strategic Strike Group. Trigger is assigned to Strider squadron as Strider 1, while Count is assigned to Cyclops squadron as Cyclops 2. After destroying an enemy fleet, the LRSSG, consisting of the 2 squadrons, defend Stonehenge, a powerful railgun designed for long-range attacks. They defend the railgun until the Arsenal Bird (taken over by the Eruseans) arrives. They then use the railgun to shoot down the Arsenal Bird. Later, the group finds out that the Eruseans have built a second Arsenal Bird. The Oseans form a coalition with some Eruseans to take down the Arsenal Bird. Rosa Cosette D’Elise, princess of Erusea, along with Avril Mead, known as Scrap Queen, and some Oseans from the 444th squadron take out the Arsenal Bird’s shields from a control room in the space elevator by powering the elevator down. Trigger and the coalition then destroy the Arsenal Bird. However, the enemy Eruseans have built 2 drones capable of reading Trigger’s movements and Count’s plane is damaged by one of them. They then set up a base on a beached carrier, the Admiral Andersen. After repairs are made and planes are restocked, Oseans and Eruseans take to the skies to combat the enemy drones. Several pilots are downed. Trigger takes out one of the drones and chases after the other, who has discarded its main wings. The drone flies through the underground tunnel leading to the space elevator. Trigger and Count follow the drone in pursuit. Count gets damaged from the drone. After reaching the bottom of the space elevator, the drone tries to send Trigger’s flying style to the Erusean drone factories. Trigger takes out the drone and flies up the space elevator and exits safely. Count attempts a belly landing in the elevator and survives. The main story is complete. 

In my opinion, the storyline of Ace Combat 7 was awesome. The storyline was the best storyline I’ve ever seen and the soundtrack went very well with the levels. The gameplay was amazing too.

Multiplayer, on the other hand, was not really that fun and it died out quickly. Everyone basically stopped playing due to the sheer amount of people equipping the F-22A Raptor with QAAMs (quick maneuver air to air missiles) since they are broken or the X-02S Strike Wyvern with the EML (electromagnetic launcher) since its instant death with a push of a button. There were only 2 modes too, being Team Death Match and Battle Royale (no, not the battle royale you think it is. It’s a free for all until the timer runs out.). 

Overall, I would give this game a 9/10. The graphics were amazing with a lot of attention to detail. The soundtrack was phenomenal. It was just an amazing game overall. I am hoping more DLC content will be released in the future even though we already have our planned 6. 

“Can you hear me, pilot with the three strikes?”

Written By: KSI Judgement77, News Contributor

Report Article

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.