(0 reviews)

The Review - Bright

Hello! Welcome back! All that jazz. Last month I said we’d be starting an installment of reviews on entertainment items and for those that read it, this is the second installment. The topic this time? Bright. The movie is a Netflix original that came out last month starring Will Smith. 

So! Did you enjoy Suicide Squad? My first impression of the movie was that it gives off an eerily similar feel. No doubt that’s because it shares some of the same directors. It has an almost... cartoonish feel with the CGI and animation that went into the production process. On that note, the make up and special effects in the movie are as well done as any that I’ve seen recently. 

To avoid spoilers I won’t mention any details regarding the storyline, however, I will say that it’s a little far fetched. The backstory is almost a representation of the political events happening now. Although I’ve gotten mixed reviews from others who have watched it, personally I’m a fan. Will Smith is a great actor and by no means did he disappoint in this one. His character was salty and pretty bada** at the same time. 

It’s very easy to follow the chain of events that take place currently, though I do think the movie would have been far more enjoyable as a series. There was plenty of action going on, car chases, gunfights, magic, and a lot of epic stuff. My only real gripe is that so much goes unexplained, the backstory isn’t laid out that well and just jumping in current day seems almost a waste. There were a ton of great things that were hinted at and never expanded on. 

If it’s on your watch list I highly recommend watching it, it’s not a bad way to spend a few hours. If you’re like me and think there should be so much more, do me a favor and call the writers and directors and politely yell at them. Either way, it’s worth the time and I could definitely watch it again! 

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

Report Article

User Feedback

There are no reviews to display.

• Current Donation Goals